Bluetooth issues with new Htc one M8 on Bolero radio.

When streaming spotify via bluetooth from my phone, theres no Metadata. (Artist,song,) but if i use google music metadata shows, if i shift back to spotify the metadata shows, how the hell, can that be? it is really wierd. In my other car i have a new kenwood it works perfectly.

Someone got a fix for this, or does anyone knows if theres an update for Bolero.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to revive old thread but I have been looking for a solution for this myself.

I have tried different apps for transferrings metadata etc.

iPhone works perfectly out of the box, but Spotify on android phones seems to have big issues transferring the data to the stereo.

Fifxify in Google Play store should work but not for my Huawei Ascend P7.

• 4 months later...

Reviving an old thread after searching for ages to find an answer. I would love it if someone knew how to fix this issue. 

I have the same problem as the posters above. I even connected up my iPad this morning which works as you would expect but both my nexus 5 (running lollypop) and wife's galaxy S5 when streaming spotify won't display track info automatically. I have to play something in google music before returning to spotify. I tried fixify and autoaudio. 

I've checked on Amundsen for updates but it says I'm only missing a map update no software. 

I think this is just a spotify  problem in general. There's lots of people complaining about it on the spotify forums, with no definitive answer. Shame really as it works absolutely fine with apple devices. No sign of a fix for android. Not an issue with just VAG cars i'm afraid.

You can easily fix this, it's a bit of a faff though and involves using another app first.

Your default music player (HTC one) will load the metadata, so start playing tunes using that. Check on the Bolero that the track/artist info loads, as it normally should.

Then switch to Spotify and start playing your Spotify music... hey presto your song data will load!

Who said technology should make sense?  :dull:

• 4 weeks later...

So to further my frustrations I've since found that my phone works correctly with my wife's i10 with spotify no work around required. Today my dads superb arrived (l&k) paired up my phone started playing spotify and it worked perfectly. There is clearly some incompatibility with the Amundsen in the octavia. Very irritating it works correctly with an older model...

Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

To revive an old thread this issue seems to be fixed. I'm not sure if it's some thing I've done or an update to spotify. I first noticed after I installed an app called 'shutapp' which kills apps running in the background to save battery. (It's pretty good btw). By killing background apps spotify seemed to be able to send metadata including the track time bar as well. It's not perfect and occasionally won't update when the next track starts. Anyone else who had problems has found that it's working now? Saves me switching to google music or worse an iPhone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk