EGR Delete - ASV Engine - what to do?

pardon my ignorance if this has already been covered, im new to the octy section

car has a asv 110bhp engine, is there an inexpensive way of deleting the egr valve? or do you have to buy the kits still like i did with my pd engined fabia?

if so, how do you do it? or what is required to do it? i know on my newer pd engined car the light had to be mapped out but i believe these do not?

someone help?

Edited by lukeanderson31

buy the blanking plate from ebay, once you get that take the egr off clean it if u want put the blanking plate on the manafold, stick the egr back on minus the pipe that goes from the egr  to manafold, the vacumm pipe that goes on to the top of the egr stick an appropriate sized bolt in it to block the suction off and thats you, egr delete done, done it to my asv and alh and no eml lights, thats the cheapest way to do it if you want to keep your anti shudder, failing that just buy an allard egr kit

• Like 1

As above.  I made my own end pieces and removed the EGR link pipe (between the turbo and and anti-shudder assembly), but left the Anti-shudder in place - could save the engine if the turbo seals fail.

I think newer cars you might have to adjust something in vagcom otherwise you might the EML coming on.  My 2001 was fine though.  The old technology is much better ;-)

just remember the worst 2 nuts are the ones on top of the manafold, for the love of god don't use a multispline socket use a hex, and soak it in WD40 or similar to aid in the removal, i tend to find the nut closest to the bulkhead is always a pig to remove, if all else fails a chisel and a hammer to remove the pipe  to improve access to the nut closest to the bulkhead in order to get a pair of moles in, hope this helps