Black vRS TDI

Well it's arrived, actually it arrived almost a month ago but it was the day I went on holiday so never got the chance to report and since getting back the website was down. Anyhow ordered 3/10/13 arrived 14/3/4 so 5 ish months. Standard vRS with cruise and met paint were the only options-it's on a lease deal so the cost rockets up when you add options, also why I ruled out the estate and why I went for the diesel over petrol as the deals were so much better.

Put 1k miles on it so far and love it. Coming from a 10 year old 3.2 V6 Vauxhall i's just nice to have a modern comfortable car, which is quicker and twice as economical as my previous car! It's practical and comfortable and offers a great balance of performance and economy. I've been heavy on the accelerator and it's averaging just over 50 mpg since I got it. I was slightly concerned the sports seats may be a bit narrow but they're really comfortable, I was worried about leaving it in a hotel car park 6 hours into my ownership but it was a good chance to stretch it's legs, really comes into it's own on open A road and on the motor way riding on the wave of torque.

Fit and finish are excellent, perhaps the most glowing review was from my Mrs, as the first time she'd got to drive it was to go and test drive some new cars for herself, A3, V70, new A class. Her favourite car of the day was mine! Not really fair on the others was it?!

Will post some more pictures when I get the proper camera out, for now a few phone snaps.

nqcsar.jpg

slrxi1.jpg

w9bb5e.jpg

• Like 2

Cheers, was the colour I wanted and despite having owned black cars before I can never keep the bloody thing clean!!

If I were splitting hairs the only thing I've noticed in the car park is how high the car sits when sat next to others-those arches don't make the 18's look like 18's either if that makes sense!

Congrats on your new car it looks good, I like that you haven't gone for the black pack. Enjoy your new toy.

Maybe SWMBO should get an vRS as well if she preferred your car to others she looked at.

Congrats on your new car it looks good, I like that you haven't gone for the black pack. Enjoy your new toy.

Maybe SWMBO should get an vRS as well if she preferred your car to others she looked at.

Cheers, I'd have probably went for the black pack on almost any other colour but black!

Cheers, was the colour I wanted and despite having owned black cars before I can never keep the bloody thing clean!! If I were splitting hairs the only thing I've noticed in the car park is how high the car sits when sat next to others-those arches don't make the 18's look like 18's either if that makes sense!

The height the vRS sits is the biggest thing I've noticed when seeing one.  It doesn't look particually purposeful at the standard height.  Not sure what can be done 'officially' about that as Skoda UK no longer offer the Eibach springs for use on the vRS which would drop it another 25mm and look perfect.  I know someone is investigating whether Skoda would warrant the use of Eibach's on the mk 3 but it does make me wonder how my vRS with the 19'' Xtremes is going to sit.

Cheers, was the colour I wanted and despite having owned black cars before I can never keep the bloody thing clean!!If I were splitting hairs the only thing I've noticed in the car park is how high the car sits when sat next to others-those arches don't make the 18's look like 18's either if that makes sense!

I agree with the height thing and can't help but feel the 18s look a bit small and lost in the arches

Ps got a black vrs combi