Stereo locked up

On a long journey this evening from Southampton to Lincoln my radio just stop playing about Newbury. I thought it was just a loss of DAB signal but I couldn't select radio 2 or FM or any other media input.

I turned the radio off and on but no change. Turned off the engine, again no change.

Anybody got a suggestions.

Sorry if I'm posting this again or in the wrong section but I couldn't find the answer via a search

on the Octavia II - my head unit did the same - touch screen froze completely.  Steering controls still worked.

In the end leaving it turned off cured it until next time.

I eventually took it back to the dealer who replaced it FOC.

The touch screen is working, just the computer is not processing the inputs. Guess I check it this morning and arrange for the dealer to have a look when I get back after Easter. Good job I have have Wase sat navigation on my phone otherwise I'll need to buy something called a map

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Was your phone plugged in via the USB and was it charging? Mine has done this when the phone was low on charge and it seems to be too much if a power drain. Disconnected phone and a minute, or so, after the head unit returned to normal

Edited by fireftrm

It's a problem with the control unit for the interface. I've had the one replaced on my Bolero. Skoda are apparently aware there is a problem.

Hi, this sounds similar to the problem I had with the amundsen fitted to my 2013 model elegance, when the touch screen/head unit appeared to lock out!!!! My dealer (Benifield Skoda, Harrogate) & SKU suspected the fault my lay with the touch screen/head, and having had the unit renewed way in January this year I yet to encounter the touch screen being locked out again

Happened on my Bolero yesterday. Set off, put unit on, sound working but no screen. Tried each of the mode buttons around unit but nothing worked. Volume would increase using steering wheel controls. Switched of unit at power switch and then stopped car. Restarted the car, pressed power switch and unit powered up and has worked as normal since.

Edited by banksie

Pressing driving mode select will force the screen back to life I've found after a few seconds. Just as a press and hold of the power button for 20 secs seems to clear everything. I prefer the former. Local dealership told me no software update for the unit yet (different to what I've heard on here) and that they tech info system says to swap unit out and see if it goes away.. I've not gone in for that, as it feels like a software issue.

Pressing driving mode select will force the screen back to life I've found after a few seconds. Just as a press and hold of the power button for 20 secs seems to clear everything. I prefer the former. Local dealership told me no software update for the unit yet (different to what I've heard on here) and that they tech info system says to swap unit out and see if it goes away.. I've not gone in for that, as it feels like a software issue.

Thanks I'll try and remember that advice

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• 4 years later...

Hey Guys I just had the same problem, well my wife did. The radio / CD just froze and without her radio, you know the problem. I just found this site did as I was told and removed the fuse, 2 minutes later I heard Robbie Williams on the CD so my wife is now happy. Thanks to everyone for giving me a peaceful life now. On another note it is a pity they have stopped the Yeti, my wife loves hers and to be honest she hasn't had much trouble with it. 

Thanks again