Independent garages

zach1301

So I filled up at a garage the other day I thought it was a Texaco but turns out it was a small independent garage that used to be a Texaco (want happy I couldn't use my loyalty card!! )Just wondered what type of fuel they will use? Like will it be supermarket grade or like standard shell ect ?? I asked the chap who supplies their fuel and he just shrugged and said it's just normal fuel.. Seem to have had a drop in mpg too... What are you experiences with independemt fuel?

Don't really use them. Only ever end up there if I'm in the sticks and I've been caught short. Prices always then seem ridiculous so I just splash and dash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I usually do but brimmed my tank with them feel conned!! Ha grrr I find I get the most miles from Texaco garages and the loyalty is better than the other garages.. Only need to collect 500 points compared to shells 1000 to get a 5er off ha

The texacos near me always seem to be expensive whereas Shell always seem to be the cheapest out the petrol brand names eg BP etc.

I've gone through phases of trying it all ... Supermarket or branded, high octane or regular ... And to be honest I've never noticed a significant difference.

I put in some of Shell's performance diesel today and boy that is expensive!

I never ever use Texaco, always priced a few pence/l higher I've found.

As for indys, as mentioned, splash n dash and use if I have to but they could be supplied by anyone from Shell or Q8 to Marios kebab shop.

I never know where the fuel actually comes from. I swear I heard somebody saying before that there is such a limited number of production plants in the UK that many of the different retailers' fuel must be coming from the same place. Now if that's true, I guess it's a case of whether they adjust the product in any way fir different retailers.

It's a similar discussion to the one about Wetherspoons' beer prices and whether their product is any different to that sold in higher priced pubs!

I never know where the fuel actually comes from. I swear I heard somebody saying before that there is such a limited number of production plants in the UK that many of the different retailers' fuel must be coming from the same place. Now if that's true, I guess it's a case of whether they adjust the product in any way fir different retailers.

It's a similar discussion to the one about Wetherspoons' beer prices and whether their product is any different to that sold in higher priced pubs!

I think the base fuel is pretty much the same but different suppliers specify their own additives etc

Wetherspoons buy stuff in bulk and, according to a beer salesman I once knew, close to it's sell by date which isn't a problem for a huge chain as they'll sell it well within date.

I think the base fuel is pretty much the same but different suppliers specify their own additives etc

Wetherspoons buy stuff in bulk and, according to a beer salesman I once knew, close to it's sell by date which isn't a problem for a huge chain as they'll sell it well within date.

I swear I've had some beers in wetherspoons that have been so close to their sell by date, I could have mixed them in with a tank of tesco fuel and nobody would have known any different.