Wiring for the interior lightning

Hi

Does anybody have wiring diagram for interior lightning? I am about to install some electronics, and thinking of using the front interior lightnings wires. Picture would be nice. Somehow I wasnt able to find those from the web.

J

Edited by jaegarmaisteri

The lens pulls off. Use the front edge since it hinges at the back edge. Two screws are exposed then the fitting pulls out. There are three wires. 12 volt live, earth, and a control wire to switch the courtesy lights on.

The fitting isn't wired as such. Slim copper metal strips connect switch to the connectors and bulbs. You could piggy back on the live wire or solder to the copper strips. Others have soldered to the correct strip to get a trigger for internal foot well lights that come on when the door I'd opened or dim/light when the engine is switched on or off.

I currently have my lights out since I want to put a dedicated 5 volt supply for a USB lead to a dash can. I also bought a spare wireless controller for the garage door. I will take 12 volts from the fuse box up the a pillar.

There is plenty of space for a discreet switch in the molding for the alarm. Incidently, that has no fixing screws and just clips to the headlining.

Hth

OK. I got my electronics fitted yesterday. The front roof lightning didnt work. We measured voltage about 12.5V, but when i got my electronics connected, it dropped to 3.5V. It needs minimum 10.5V to work. So, next solution was to open the left fusebox and take empty slot and set some wiring from there via A-pillar to rear mirror. We took the cover for airbag away and were able to hide wiring behind there. Now the electronics we fitted, also turnes off, when I turn power off with key. So overall, all worked perfectly. It took almost 3.5h total to get everything fitted and one trip to local car electric shop (lucky enough we had normal saturday, even it is easter). Thanks for all (specially FriendlyFire) the help I got here.

dzjh3a.jpg

2w652e9.jpg

Edited by jaegarmaisteri