Sponsor: Tuning the new 2.0T Octy!

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on if you have cracked the problems jOhn experienced in terms of his check engine light started flashing and losing throttle operation. anti theft mode whilst the car is in motion and cruise control is in use

Absolutely--the solution was actually quite simple and available the entire time (despite the miscommunication and poor outcome). It seldom happens that anti-theft is activated during driving, but we now instruct all customers to lock out their ECU after selecting programs to avoid accidentally activating Anti-theft on the road.

I guess it's also worth mentioning that this engine and ECU are entirely different than the EA888 Gen1/2 variant.

Hi Sparkly,

Yes the car in the video is completely standard. These power figures were also repeated immediately after on a standard MK7 GTI. After collecting the baseline numbers, we began adding intakes and exhaust components, but those are further down the horizon and those figures won't be advertised as part of our stage 1 figures.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ffi1ZsY.jpg

Here are prelim (TÜV approved) figures of what we're currently testing. This calibration is on a few cars in Europe (Autobahn testing) and also our MK7 GTI in America, which will be desert track tested next weekend. 

Happy Friday!

Impressive, how is the clutch coping? Is it a stronger unit than fitted to last gen TSI models? also any plans to map the 184 TDI unit Evan?

Clutch is fine so far. Haven't seen enough road time to make an educated comparison between the gen 1 and 3. I think you may be referencing the EA113 TFSI clutch though (LCR, golf r..), which had lots of trouble.

Sorry I'm new to this. Are these tunes able to be switched back to standard for when the car has to go to a dealership or once this is done can you kiss warranty good bye all together?

Couple of questions Evan. On the dyno printout, it looks like the power and torque are a bit lower than a stock setup, or is this just the way the measurements were taken, concentrating on the higher rpm values, with the lower ones not directly measured?

Also, does the remap alter the throttle pedal mapping, which is very non linear as stock?    That would be a major advantage if it did, as I'm not a big fan of the lag built into the throttle pedal map from the factory.

Sorry I'm new to this. Are these tunes able to be switched back to standard for when the car has to go to a dealership or once this is done can you kiss warranty good bye all together?

You can always reflash back to stock before returning for service at a dealership, to retain your warranty. That will have to be done at your local APR agent.

Couple of questions Evan. On the dyno printout, it looks like the power and torque are a bit lower than a stock setup, or is this just the way the measurements were taken, concentrating on the higher rpm values, with the lower ones not directly measured?

Also, does the remap alter the throttle pedal mapping, which is very non linear as stock?    That would be a major advantage if it did, as I'm not a big fan of the lag built into the throttle pedal map from the factory.

You believe the car makes more than 326bhp standard? And how can you say for sure how much lag is built into the throttle pedal map without seeing the map for yourself or driving a car with an altered throttle map? This seems like a silly statement to me.

Rest assured, we are doing everything we can to optimize the driving experience with our remap.

• Like 1

Apologies, I meant just at the lower end of the rev range, ie under 2000 rpm. I can see how daft the post read without having inserted that. Can't believe I didn't add that. Oops.

As far as the throttle response is concerned, i know that when the throttle is opened wide , it can feel like there is a delay there that isn't like turbo lag.  The  delay isn't as noticeable in sports mode.

• Like 1

Apologies, I meant just at the lower end of the rev range, ie under 2000 rpm. I can see how daft the post read without having inserted that. Can't believe I didn't add that. Oops.

As far as the throttle response is concerned, i know that when the throttle is opened wide , it can feel like there is a delay there that isn't like turbo lag.  The  delay isn't as noticeable in sports mode.

Ah, thanks for clarification. I'm trying to get a hold of the stock runs from that session to compare where the gains are. Comparing two separate dynographs isn't worth wasting anybody's time unless they're the same rollers with same correction factors and relatively similar ambient conditions. The graph above should show gains across the entirety of the powerband from stock. 

I guess that's a fair observation about the sport mode throttle response. I'll be sure to have them look into that (if they haven't already) when finalizing the code.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks for understanding my mistake. Yes, I totally accept that comparisons should be under the same test conditions.

Be interested to hear any info on the throttle mapping. I am sure they have factored in everything to get the optimum driving experience.