Sponsor: Tuning the new 2.0T Octy!

Nah, we never offer low torque versions to accommodate a stock clutch. So far the stock clutches are holding up fine with stage 1 sw.

So what does this mean on your product page that you linked to?

"Clutch Protection:

APR’s standard Stage I ECU Upgrade offers a large increase in low-end torque, which may overpower the factory clutch. While APR did not experience clutch slip at the advertised torque levels and even higher, others may due to clutch health and driving style. APR recommends upgrading slipping clutches, but has also created special software designed to deliver the same peak horsepower with a cap on low end torque to reduce or eliminate slipping. These specific files are available with various torque caps set lower than the standard Stage I ECU Upgrade. "

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at some of the dyno plots, the std tune is close to the previous gen tfsi with a stage 1 remap, the new engine around 320bhp and over 500Nm of torque. How is the handling of the std mk3 Estate? I'm presuming it's also going to need uprated ARBs?

Looking at some of the dyno plots, the std tune is close to the previous gen tfsi with a stage 1 remap, the new engine around 320bhp and over 500Nm of torque. How is the handling of the std mk3 Estate? I'm presuming it's also going to need uprated ARBs?

The cassis are stout. ARB's should be a consideration for anybody looking for increased handling in the twisties, but that's also true for stock programming. Doesn't take a remap to carry speed into a turn ;)

• Like 1

True, but it's easier to hit a much higher entry speed on a twisty B road as there is much more acceleration on offer. I'd agree though that upgrading the handling is ultimately more satisfying than boosting engine output....