Getting closer...

Linguist

Ordered a new Citigo Elegance Greentech 59bhp 5door in red as a three year lease at the end of February. Last I heard from Leasing company the car was at Emden.

Now I've signed and sent back all the finance documents, and I noticed that they already have a registration number and date (28/4/14) - does that mean my car is at the dealer? Also, I facepalmed a bit when I saw my new car has registration beginning BJ14  :rock:.

Getting more excited now. Sold my Fabia a few weeks ago to a mechanic via eBay for spares/repair as it failed MOT and I don't have the know-how or time to fix it. So, have been without a car for a bit which makes the anticipation even greater. Can hardly wait for delivery now.

• 2 weeks later...

Newest info is that my car will be delivered on Wednesday 14th May :D

Had to arrange for it to be delivered to my work otherwise the delivery date would be postponed further while I took time to be at home for it coming. Not entirely sure whether it will come on a trailer or be driven. Don't know where it's coming from (leased car, so haven't dealt with dealer directly), I just hope if it is driven the driver knows about breaking the engine in (I suspect it's coming from England, while I'm in Scotland).

Nevertheless, I'm super excited. Hoping it comes towards the end of my working day. Otherwise my first trip in the car will be to find a parking space at my work (a hospital, so a complete nightmare). 

bl0SyuB.jpg

Citigo got delivered today :D

Was driven from Birmingham, so has already clocked up over 300 miles before I got the keys, but that's to be expected. The delivery company filled it up and it's still 1/4 full after that journey :P

My previous, and first, car was 2000 Fabia, so the first thing I noticed is how bloody quiet the interior engine noise is. A few times I was wondering if I had turned the car off or stalled or something.

Looking forward to getting it out and about.

• Like 3

You'll have to delete the "Soon to be" part now! ;)  Glad to hear that it arrived eventually and that you're enjoying the experience.

• Car:Soon to be Skoda Citigo 59bhp Elegance Greentech

I'm a bit slow - I think I get the BJ part but not quite sure about DFK.