Click/Spring release sound?

Paddy2b

Hi there,

I'm new to citigo and this site. I've just noticed, when driving at high speed on the motorway i hear a spring release/clicking sound at regular intervals. As soon as i drop below 60mph it seem to stop. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers. :)

Paddy

Welcome to the forum :)

That sounds like the hydraulic spoiler activating to maintain downforce

Dont worry about it

for a moment there I was like "really?! is that only on the sport?"  :giggle:

• Like 1

Hi there,

I'm new to citigo and this site. I've just noticed, when driving at high speed on the motorway i hear a spring release/clicking sound at regular intervals. As soon as i drop below 60mph it seem to stop. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers. :)

Paddy

All I can think of is you are pushing your body too much. If you are over 60 yrs old (I'm nearly there, and feeling it) then it must be your right knee clicking when you push the accelerator down too far, that's why it goes away when you drop below 60 mph. :giggle: If your a young buck then ignore me :rock:

Apart from that I haven't got a clue either. All I hear is a clicking when I've switched the engine off, that's stuff resetting in the engine bay

I thought my knee was clicking but it was the citigo clutch click lol :) can't help on this noise though .oh that's the wrong leg senior moment, I'll get my coat .Seriously welcome to the forum .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this a sound like a spring stretching, coming from the pedal bay and can be felt through the accelerator? (Possibly accompanied by a faint, high-pitch whine?)

If it is, mine does this too and I've no idea what it is. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong. I suspect it happens more when the wipers are on.

I get it regularly and have hsd it since picking up car from new (done over 7000 miles now). Rather like the sound actually. Citigo has many characteristic little sounds including the faint whistle. Don't believe however that the Citigo 'Clutch Click' is a feature of the model, as SkodaUK continue to claim. I raised the issue of mine earlier this week (just to log it with them really) and got the standard blurb ....... Not a safety issue and a feature of the vehicle, so nothing they can do. So a clutch pedal that creaks/jumps back against your foot and feels like its on a car that's done 150k miles is apparently an inherent feature of ALL Citigos from NEW ...... utter tosh !

Despite above the Citigo is a beaut ..... Enjoy your car !!!

So should i go to our local dealer and get our Citigo fixed to match the Citigo Characteristic! as we don't (yet) have the clutch click?

• Like 3

Most definitely go to your dealer Owens and don't leave until they have told you why you haven't got the clutch click and added it to your vehicles repertoire of noises. Or better still write to Skoda UK and state your case clearly, that you are feeling short-changed without this essential characteristic ! :'(

I'll go up to the dealer and ask for a discount. I was short changed. Maybe Citizens Advice could help. 

Please remember the Citigo has little sound deadening panels, but I will ask at the dealer if these symptoms are normal... Mine is the Greentec version and the gears are longer and the clutch is suffering more, I guess.... :think: