Quick confirmation needed on Map Version

Hi all,

Quick query re latest map version for Columbus. 

I have 63 plate with v9 maps - I have read on these forums about v10 maps.

Car in dealers yesterday and I asked them to check firmware and software on head unit - they said no updates were available.

SO

are the v10 maps I'm reading about available to Skoda UK dealers or are they VW maps which are then put into Skoda vehicles before Skoda UK have them ?

Thanks

Dealers don't seem to have V10 , some have V9 and some have nothing. V10 is readily available and I've had it running on my 2010 for the last few months.

Edited by Hoverurb

Thanks for prompt reply. I understand now.

Your v10 - did you install yourself ? I have read many threads on how to but never had the courage to try for myself.

Where did you get your v10 from ?

Smudgers

Hi

Have also been running v10 maps on my columbus for a while. Easy to install, simply turn unit on, insert DVD, follow any on screen prompts you might get (some do and some don't depending on SW version) and wait for it to do its thing. Once you get the message saying completed eject disc and jib done

Never mind the stealers I think they only have V 9 but a quick search online will get you V10. As said above its easy easy to install, insert the DVD and follow instructions.

Berniebloke,

Where did you get your disc from - Skoda or VW dealer or the web ?

I had my columbus fitted after I had bought the car and get free map updates for three years (length of time the columbus is covered by warranty) as part of the deal. As gar as I am aware not many Skoda main dealers have yet got V10 maps - no idea why not but ......