06 Model Octavia II

I understand the 06 Model Octy has been in production from June 05. Does anyone know what the changes are over the 1st generation OctyII.

I've heard that the leather h/brake grip is is now included in the elegance and that ESP now has some link to the steering. There is also talk of an Audi style pushbutton brake to assist hill starts as an option but i've picked up the latest Skoda Brochure and checked the skoda uk site. Neither has any mention of it!

ESP has allways had a sensor link to the steering.

Havent heard of anything extra' date=' will look into it.[/quote']

I think this new steering link isn't just a sensor. I think it's an active thing that jerks the steering the best direction to get out of a spin thus prompting the driver to steer in this direction.

in model yera 06 octy has new double state panic brake system and the sytem and also in that model year made the possiblity(because the brake system)to purhase the HHC-system(hill hold control)

The boss has a new A6 2.7 TDi S-Line with an electrically operated handbrake based on the HHC type of thing. It's supposed to release when you start to drive away but 5 times out of 10 it doesn't work. HHC could be a hastle.

Lummox, Off topic but wife just asked, does current Octy 2 Elegance have a light over the vanity mirror on the passenger side.

Also for my info, is there a gas strut to support the bonnet like the golf or a standard stay?

Lummox' date=' Off topic but wife just asked, does current Octy 2 Elegance have a light over the vanity mirror on the passenger side.

Also for my info, is there a gas strut to support the bonnet like the golf or a standard stay?[/quote']

No Vanity light on mine, already been answered but bent wire to hold the bonnet up, my mate mentioned "even my GF Pug 106 has gas struts"

Hello all,

Ordered a new Octavia II 2.0 TDi Estate DSG L&K in June 2005 with various options - ESP, Xenons, Curtain Airbags, 12 Spkr, TPM. Due to recieve it on 1st Sept 2005 with the new plates. Does anybody know whether this is likely to be an 06 model then ?

Thanks

Never understood what the big deal with the bonnet lifters is - yeah sure gas lifters are nice, but I tend to drive with my bonnet shut generally speaking ;)

Exactly what I was thinking! I'd rather not have to open my bonnet so much that I'm bothered by having a boring old metal wire to hold it up :D

Never understood what the big deal with the bonnet lifters is - yeah sure gas lifters are nice, but I tend to drive with my bonnet shut generally speaking ;)

that's true. A guy in our office here is glad of the lifters on his Golf V. He's had the bonnet up quite a lot since he got it a couple of months ago. It's almost like VW could see into the future. spooky!

Hello all' date='

Ordered a new Octavia II 2.0 TDi Estate DSG L&K in June 2005 with various options - ESP, Xenons, Curtain Airbags, 12 Spkr, TPM. Due to recieve it on 1st Sept 2005 with the new plates. Does anybody know whether this is likely to be an 06 model then ?

Thanks[/quote']

Sounds like a cracking motor. Look forward to seeing it. You should post in 'First Time Visitors' section. That way you'll get to meet more more of the craazzzy people on here

-----> to MotorMad = > yes your car will be 06 model. I ordered my estate elegance in summer and it came in week 34 and it was 06 model. At skoda factory they started to make 06 model at week 27. So if your car is made after that ti will be model 06.