awesome rolling road results!

mikejay

misfire did sound pretty bad Mike, surprised they got a full run, does it do it on the road to?

mine was actually 372bhp + 410lbs 

(the quoted 380 was a spike after the run was done, actual peak across the 3 runs was 372 each time)

• Like 3

No it doesnt do it on road. Been lookin at the graph and its down and back up again nearly instantly so thats probably why i cant feel it on the road. Started another thread about it.

Enjoyable day today.The TT was 174bhp standard and the sisters monte carlo 117bhp which was the 75bhp engine so a nice gain on her remap.Defo sound of the day has to go to the merc,it gave me goosebumps.If i'm honest today was like waiting for your exam results at school :-).The only thing the wife said when i showed her the results for her TT was "When is the remap getting done"...thanks for organising today mike and maybe see you guys and girls again soon..John

• Like 1

Thanks to Mike and Awesome for the day :thumbup:

Ran mine on at Awesome last month on a SCN RR Day and made

Run 1, 217bhp and 236 lb/ft,

Run 2, 208bhp and 232lb/ft

Run 3, 202bhp and 228lb/ft,  fuel used was Tesco 99,

Rev limit cut out at 6700 & 6600

fast forward one month, one service later, new fuel filter and Forge recirc valve service, Shell 99 fuel.

Run 1, 226bhp and 273lb/ft

Run 2, 224bhp and 275lb/ft

Run 3 220bhp and 266lb/ft

Rev limit cut out at 7100 & 6900

Checked both print out's, humidity was the same, temp was 3 degree's warmer today.

Torque seems a little optimistic and heat soak not as much of a problem today.

• Like 2

had my 1.9 tdi remapped after you lot had finished 98.4 and 208fttorque standard remapped 132.9and 270ft-lbs torque a good days tuning thanks to jim and the boys at awesome :rock:

had my 1.9 tdi remapped after you lot had finished 98.4 and 208fttorque standard remapped 132.9and 270ft-lbs torque a good days tuning thanks to jim and the boys at awesome :rock:

Ready for your trip home after work on Monday then :giggle:

I was suprised when he said he can tell when a car has shell in it when its on the dyno

I didn't hear him say this, but I run mine exclusively on Shell V-Power Nitro Diesel. Purely for the fact it seems to be less smokey than others I've tried. It's also surprisingly economical on a run.

• 3 months later...

Had my Fabia vRS (CTHE engine on the rollers at AWESOME today. It made 193BHP & 246.85 ft-lbs torque. These are the figures AFTER the BLUESPARK tuning box was fitted. Unfortunately I don't have any BEFORE figures. So come on you experts how does it compare? Certainly feels a lot better, but that could be placebo.

http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Derek_Collier/media/dyno1_zpsf7b34838.jpg.html

dyno1_zpsf7b34838.jpg

• 3 months later...

Im having a few people dispute my figures from the day saying 212bhp on a remap alone is too high. Can anyone else who was there on the day make any comment on there results? I do think the vpower makes a big difference as well! Lol.

Welcome to the Rolling Road Lottery, Personally I think most of the BHP were probably within range give or take a few horses, Torques figures for the day though seem quite optimistic. Going off my Bum Dyno and my results as in post 10 my car don't feel as if it's got 270lb/ft. Only my opinion but I ain't no expert.