Measures's Sliver vRS

Measures

Well I thought I may as well start one of these :p Got this off my dad end of last month and I'm planning a few changes :)

Here it is the day I got it:

897C5917-A46B-4EE0-BC48-54DED00BEC57.jpg

I've not done anything to it yet but I have given it a good scrub and then took some proper photos:

13850149363_8ab2659760_b.jpgFabia vRS by Harry Measures, on Flickr

13850158183_1531857e49_b.jpgFabia vRS by Harry Measures, on Flickr

I've bought a second set of wheels to get them refurbed as leaving my car at the shop is not feasible, dropped them off today:

4D493485-26B8-46D0-B952-AC6433F6C680.jpg

Washing the rear seats:

Photo26-04-2014145329.jpg

And I've got this sitting waiting to go in, along with an x-car link :)

Photo26-04-2014145406.jpg

Currently got an annoying boost leak that I will be fixing soon, going to fit an allard kit along with an EGR delete from the group buy on here.

May also fit some lowering shocks/springs in the future as well as the 312mm brake mod unless admrial throw a hissy fit.

Edited by Measures

Looks good - usual mods consisting of brakes and a few lows :)

I'm only 19, Admiral threw a hissy fit when I asked about a FMIC so it's not even worth wasting my breath regarding a remap or bigger turbo!

Actually, I did ask Admiral about a remap... £250 for the remaining few months of my policy. No thanks. However they have allowed me upgraded boost piping so this arrived today, got it for £191 on Amazon and the price shot up after I bought them... Someone made a mistake tehehehe. Am going to order some new clips and hopefully this should solve my boost leaks. Dying to now fit a strut brace to match the blue!!! I'm currently waiting for a quote on the AP 20mm springs and a RARB, hopefully it'll just mean a policy update but who knows. My Skoda DX is going in tomorrow too!

F51CACDA-D89C-4ACE-8F3D-2FE998151560.jpg

Fantastic photos :) you've got some skills there.

Thank you, anyone who is passing by or in Peterborough let me know and we could organise a shoot ;)

This afternoons activities:

C719F4C4-5082-4142-9018-2D3C0A26824F.jpg

• Like 1

That the oem sat nav?

Wheels look tasty :)

Yes. It thinks I'm in Newcastle.... I've yet to persuade it otherwise. Half the problem is I think because I'm in the sticks I don't get any signal :( I will get some better photos of it fitted tomorrow. I nearly bought a Pioneer unit but I saw a photo of it fitted on the boards and decided it would do my head in not sitting flush etc. I bought a Xcarlink to go with it so I have bluetooth and hands free with it.

Boost pipes are going on next Friday, I'll post some better pics of the Samco hoses before I fit them too, nice quality stuff.

Thanks regarding the wheels, was quite expensive but they look megga... Will swap them over in the near future :)

Got everything with it, GPS aerial maps disk and a plug and play cable. On the way to Donington today it was registering the right location occasionally... Suspect it's just the fact of having little to no reception where I am. Not that fussed by it to be honest, looks a lot better than the standard one so I'm happy. Sounds alright too.

Fitted my new boost pipes today, all went OK other than the pegs for the EGR clip being on at the wrong angle!! Ended up carefully hacksawing through the metal clamp and sending dad to get some Jubilee clips... Look good though :)

D1411610-BEAF-447F-BE29-8BE38803137A.jpg

765CA420-C927-438A-A206-9E6D77A785D3.jpg

Cable ties are just holding a vac pipe that was previously attached to the standard pipes, what do people do with this who have gone FMIC? Just let it dangle?

Edited by Measures