Seat Belt Noise

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone else with a rapid has the niggling noise (squeeking) coming from the drivers seat belt (on the pillar, where you can raise it up and down) I was driving yesterday with no radio on andno kids talking in the back and noticed the noise to my right. I squeezed the hight adjuster and it stopped, been out this morning and it was thre again. Once again it stopped when i adjusted the height...Any ideas?

• Like 1

Yes I have this problem too. Best fix I've found is turning the left knob on the stereo clockwise....

Sent using my right thumb

Yep,

move it up or down one notch when it occurs, seems to go for a while.

Had more of an issue with a squeeking / rattly noise coming from what I thought was the drivers door panel, now narrowed it down to the window rubbing against the rubber seals when car going over bumpy ground at lower speeds.

On motorway noise goes due to wind pushing windows against the seals.

Really annoying.

Yep,

move it up or down one notch when it occurs, seems to go for a while.

Had more of an issue with a squeeking / rattly noise coming from what I thought was the drivers door panel, now narrowed it down to the window rubbing against the rubber seals when car going over bumpy ground at lower speeds.

On motorway noise goes due to wind pushing windows against the seals.

Really annoying.

Mine used to do that when it was newer, but it seems to have stopped now. Must have just been whatever the rubber seals were treated with either when valeted or from new causing it.

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone else with a rapid has the niggling noise (squeeking) coming from the drivers seat belt (on the pillar, where you can raise it up and down) I was driving yesterday with no radio on andno kids talking in the back and noticed the noise to my right. I squeezed the hight adjuster and it stopped, been out this morning and it was thre again. Once again it stopped when i adjusted the height...Any ideas?

I found the cure to be putting the slider up to maximum and sticking strips of duck tape to the exposed part of the slider to keep the two plastic panels apart. Then simply slide the adjuster back down to hide the tape. I have found the trim in general to be of poor quality and feel this is the cause of many of the rattles on the Rapid.

• 7 months later...

thanks for feedback forgot to listen for it today. radio was too loud..

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Did you ever fix the squeaking noise from the seat belt pillar (or are you still listening to the radio on loud)? Mine has started to 'chatter' to me. Apart from it being at the height near my ear, the passenger one is beginning to behave this way as well (it's bad enough when the sat-nag is sitting next to me)   :D Apart from having the music on loud can this be fixed without removal of the said parts?