Delivery Date Pencilled in

Have been told that My car is with the dealer being PDI'd and having the towbar and rear mudflaps fitted.

They are planning to deliver it on Friday 9th May at the moment, but it may be here earlier..

Elegance 2.0 DSG Estate

Race Blue

KESSY

Towbar Prep

Sunset Glass

Simply Clever Pack

Luggage Nets

Just need to organise a dog guard and a load area cover, does anyone have any suggestions?

It should come with a load area cover (my VRS did).  I had the Skoda dog guard fitted by the dealer and It is just fine.

Hi,

By load cover, I mean something to stop the dogs getting mud and hair all over the load area.

I'll look at the Skoda guard.

Thanks.

Why is it taking 7 working days to fit a tow bar and mudflaps?

Dunno, I thought a car arrived at the dealer and then it was about a week for the PDI and registration etc?

Maybe the delay is that I'm not dealing with the dealer, I'm talking to the lease company and they have to collect the car and then deliver it to me (maybe they'll be fitting a tracker to it)..

Dunno, I thought a car arrived at the dealer and then it was about a week for the PDI and registration etc?

Are Skoda dealers really slow at this or something?  Every other car my family or I have bought in the last couple of years has been collected within about 48hrs of it turning up at the dealer. The only exception was my Bimmer, which was a company car and they had a cut-off at the end of each month, so I had to wait about 10 days for that to turn up :-(

Are Skoda dealers really slow at this or something?  Every other car my family or I have bought in the last couple of years has been collected within about 48hrs of it turning up at the dealer. The only exception was my Bimmer, which was a company car and they had a cut-off at the end of each month, so I had to wait about 10 days for that to turn up :-(

I've no idea, this is the first new car I've ever had, and I'm not actually involved in the details, I placed an order with the accountant at the company I work for, he phoned me yesterday to say the car was "here" and it would be delivered to our offices on 9th May, so it might be spending time at the dealers and time at the lease company, and there is a Bank Holiday between now and the delivery. I'm just thankful it's not a VRS.

I can guarantee it won't be going anywhere near the lease company... there's absolutely no need for them to be involved in the physical delivery process - all they do is pay the dealer, and the dealer will deliver straight to you / your company.

You may be in the same boat I was - lease company not releasing cars in the last week of the month, and the 9th being the first date whatever company they or the dealer use to deliver cars being available to take a car to wherever your office is.

But my point still stands - if my dealer hasn't got my car ready in 2-3 days from receiving it, I'll be having words.  Especially if, as is more than likely, I'll have already waited 6-7 months for it.

Hi I ordered the Skoda dog guard and when it turned up today it turns out you have to drill 2x 25mm diameter holes in the roof trim and another 2 in the boot trim. That means when you take it out to sell the car you've got 4 massive holes in the trim, so it's being sent back.

The Skoda dog guard for our mk2 Octavia was much easier to fit and better designed as it didn't involve making any modifications to the car.

• Like 1