whats my next step? wax/polish question

joshcowin

I cleaned my car last week using the following stages -

attempted snow foam

wash using wash and wax

dry

wet car down and use g3 clay mitt (lubricated each panel separately and also the mitt) worked very well

dry

AG super resin polish 1 coat

AG wax 1 coat

My question is how should I clean my car this weekend? it is dirty already so will not be good at all on Saturday, do I need to wash, polish and wax again? or just wash and wax? 

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

would another layer of wax be a good idea? The car is driven on country roads the majority of the time.

Was it AG-HD wax that was applied in Post #1?

Should be very durable..... but no harm in applying a 2nd coat after the first coat has cured.  :thumbup:

Was it AG-HD wax that was applied in Post #1?

Should be very durable..... but no harm in applying a 2nd coat after the first coat has cured.  :thumbup:

It was extra gloss protection that I applied. (hope this is a wax haha)

I am probably being paranoid but I really want this to stay looking smart!

It was extra gloss protection that I applied. (hope this is a wax haha)

I am probably being paranoid but I really want this to stay looking smart!

Ahhh - sorry - no personal experience on the EGP product TBH.

Maybe one of the other guys has more first hand experience to comment...

EGP is a very underrated sealant IMO and works very well with SRP - which you have already done.

You could put another coat of EGP on once you've cleaned it but it would be better served by topping with a wax - AG HD Wax would be good and is readily available on the high street. This would also improve the durability.

• Like 1

I am not tied to AG products, the HD wax is £30!! Is there anything that anyone else uses that they can personally recommend?

Could anyone recommend anything cheaper? I am a complete novice, once I get better i will spend abit of money on products!

any thought on this? http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_200371_langId_-1_categoryId_165527

Edited by joshcowin