Help with bluetooth

Hi guys

Have just fitted a bluetooth module to my 2008 vrs tdi and have the following problem.

Module is 3c8035730c from car systems

I've plugged it all in and checked the 77 in vcds to activate it but the phone button on the columbus shows SOS and no user allocated. The bluetooth is greyed out in the media section.

The maxidot has a phone on the menu but when selected it blinks and goes back to the main menu, so unable to pair phone or get to any phone settings.

Has anybody had this or can help?

The maxidot in a pre FL car like yours cant see that module unless you also fit a canbus adaptor. Alternatively put the module in an FL car and pair it and then move it back. But you will never see it in maxidot without the adaptor.

See the adaptor here: http://www.carsystems.pl/fis-link-can-box-converter-for-red-dot-matrix-fis-and-new-bt-modules,id687.html

Adam

Had a look but it's for a red dot which mine isn't.

But looking further it looks the same but in white is this the case

Edited by jeehi