A Guide to Polishing using a Dual Action Polisher (DA)

ChrisRs

Good find Chris and thanks for posting a link.

I'm looking at buying / borrowing one and this has answered lots of my questions and I'm only on page 9...

• Like 1

We I bought a Megs 220 about 6 months ago and it's still in the box so hopefully this will give me some idea on how to use it!

Cheers Chis

Ade

• Like 1

Its easy Ade...honest

Just pad/polish combinations are the tricky bits and working the polish well is very important

You really do have to be really stupid to do any damage with a DA...but this guide will help massively

It easy Ade...

You really do have to be really stupid to do any damage with a DA..

Thanks....seems like you know me from somewhere LOL.

I've got SWMBO's Seat to practice on 1st as that's got loads of few femine war wounds including swirls scratches and bird poo marks when I can find the enthusiasm, but she doesn't look after it so I'm fighting a loosing battle there. I've got the G220, their 7207, 8207 and 9207 pads plus some of their ultimate compound so intend giving it the detox shampoo, tardis, ironx then fara clay mit treatment before getting the DA out followed by a good waxing with the 9207 pad when I get a free day....... I have seen the megs vids on youtube as a starter. As a QQ do you keep the same pad to do the whole car when polishing it etc and if so do you clean it every now and again or does it not need it. Guess you need to wash the polish out of them them somehow when you've finished otherwise they'd go hard?

Cheers

Ade

• 6 years later...

I'm looking at getting into this to go over my own car and be able to do it on future cars too. Very detailed guide so can't wait to get the gear and get started.