led bulbs

hi guys looking at changing my number plate bulbs, interior lights, glovebox lights and possibly sidelights to leds, trouble is me being a novice at this im confused ( as haven't done much research) and just wanted to know if anyone else has done it to their cars, is it just simple led bulb replacements or do I need different wiring for leds?

thanks

ok im assuming canbus is a certain make of bulb?

It's Canbus error free bulbs that you need to buy.

Canbus is the inbuilt diagnostics system that the car uses to determine electrical faults like blown bulbs and the like.

If you don't use error free LED bulbs then the system will think there is a fault due to the resistance being different for LEDs but the bulbs will still work, it'll just display a little bulb sign on the clocks.

Edited by Gazbull17

Canbus isnt a make as such.

Its the system in the car used to recognise and tell you if youve got a light out.

Leds use much less power than a normal bulb, so the system can think youve got a light out and pop up a message on the dash.

A canbus error free led bulb has a resistor built in, to sort of trick the system

I can't find the threads on my phone.

The sidelights, boot light, glove box and map reading lights are all w5w 501

The boot light is a b*tch to change as it often shorts out the fuse.

The large courtesy/dome light is a c5w festoon bulb, can't recall the size and the number plate bulbs are also c5w but a different size. The number plate ones are a b*gger to get right as the CANBUS is particularly picky here.

The headlights are h7

Fog lights h8/h11

DRL'S are P21W same as reverse lights

The indicators are Py21w

As long as they are all CANBUS free you should be ok, if you aren't sure then put the links up on here and someone will give you advice.......there are plenty of enthusiasts here!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk