Anyone else BW20?

@ Neil, if you don't want to bother your dealer ring Skoda uk on 08457 745 745. They'll tell you the whereabouts of your car.

I've now moved on to tracking the vehicle carriers through marinettraffic.com, it's taking my obsession of order stalking to a whole new level!

There's a ship in port at Emden now that's destined for Grimsby, leaves tomorrow. Plus one docked over the weekend having left Emden on Friday but I think that would've been too early to have any week 20 builds on board.

• Like 1

I've read on here previously that most vw group transport ships are called the ...... Highway, so I've just looked at the listings with this in mind. The website lists the ship category too and all of the "highway" vessels are listed as car carriers

My salesman is on holiday at the moment, not back until Friday, he is going to call me then to give me the latest update, I would have thought the car might have arrived at the dealers by then.

My cars has made the shores of blighty! Current in Grimsby awaiting delivery to the dealers. That's only about 15 miles from me, could I not go and pick it up?!

Now officially excited!

Excellent, I was thinking 2 weeks for total transport, looks like that is about right.

No idea where mine is....parked next to yours awaiting a transporter that is south bound with any luck

Was just about to post "race on for collection, who will win" until my dealer phoned, saying delivery to him is tomorrow and would I like to pick up Friday afternoon or Saturday morning?!?!

Let me have a think about that for a second.....

Ah you win!  Since i need to travel from London to collect it from Brighton i will do that on a Saturday rather than take holiday anfand ever practical I saw little point in paying May's tax for the use of the car for a few hours..... Besides.... Dealer couldn't manage this Saturday  :D Ive not been this excited since a learnt father Christmas wasn't real. You must be the same!

My dealer has promised me I won't miss out on the tax, you must be able to get a June start tax disc a few days early.

Although as I've gone for a dirty DERV vRS even if I did miss out it would only cost me £2.50 for that month so I'll cope!

Just in the dealers now. Car is still fully wrapped up in transport film.

Few interesting points to note:

The car has continental sc2's on, not Bridgestone

The car has vRS mode button! Hurray!

The car has a round steering wheel! Boo!

More later.

D45AB3D7-FA95-4BEE-8C0C-C8F448147C22.jpg

Just one quick pic for now.

Unfortunately I've had to leave the dealership without signing for the car as VWFS are on a go slow today and the paperwork needed updating to reference the winter pack I added on after the original order. Apparently this can take time because the 0% deal has since finished.

Not sure if this puts tomorrow's collection in doubt, will have to see.

Another interesting point to note is my cat was built on the 15th according to the QC sticker in the bonnet, so it's only taken 15 days from production line to dealer, some going that!

FC597B54-E07A-484F-BA53-E014B1B7205F.jpg

I've picked her up! Do I win the wk20 race?!

More than happy. Took the long way home from the dealership and put a good 35 miles on. Love the swell of torque the diesel gives you. The brakes feel terrific too. Ride is like rolls in comparison with my RenaultSport Clio. I'm sure it's gonna be a long and happy partnership.

• Like 2