Maxi-dot speedometer and Columbus

Got a facelift Superb L&K on Wednesday (will post pics when it gets the treatment/protection from detailer) but was searching for a speedometer in Maps/Navigation menu. Unfortunately, could not find the feature. It would be very handy as sat nav speedometers are always more accurate than the needle type speedometers in cars. If available on Columbus, can one get it to work on maxi-dot.

I don't think there's an option to show satellite speed on the Columbus but I understand that on the FL you can get it to show a big mph in the maxidot in the MFD area but it gets its info from the same place as the needle so won't be any more accurate.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

I don't think there's an option to show satellite speed on the Columbus but I understand that on the FL you can get it to show a big mph in the maxidot in the MFD area but it gets its info from the same place as the needle so won't be any more accurate.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

I know about that (have it in old Octavia which has Bolero) but thought any mediocre satnav should have that feature

If you go into the "hidden" Columbus menu, you can see that under the gps section there is no speed given. Only place to find speed is in the CAN menu, which has the same source as the speedometer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is no way to display the actual speed on the Columbus,

Think of the legal side, you cannot have two official speedos displayed in the car, having different values. The litigation that would come about in speeding cases due to these differences mean its never going to happen with an OEM satnav.

If it was even possible, it would most likely just display the speed reading from the ABS sensors used by the main speedo rather than GPS because 90% of the time the Columbus is using these along with input from the steering angle sensor to calculate speed and only checks the GPS position once every 30 seconds or so to check its calculations.

• Like 1