63 plate estate - cracked rear light

No it’s the whole light I’m afraid.

If you open the tailgate you will see two round plastic covers, pop them out and you will see a small (torx head IIRC) skew underneath, remove these and the light comes out... it’s all covered in the handbook.

I replaced mine a few months ago after it was broken while parked up. £100 fitted from the dealer. You can get a non-OEM part online for ~£50 though.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

I did that on my Octavia last year.

I also looked at a spurious one, but was advised against by someone who'd done just that.

It started fading after 18 months apparently.

Bite the bullet and get the proper one if you're keeping it.

Just my opinion of course.

Fit it yourself, probably a bit fiddly but a clean job (it was on the Octy) , but with patience and 20 minutes to spare, save yourself £30 probably.

Edited by Mr Ree

No, the FL Superb has LED rear light clusters.

The tail/brake functions are LED. The cluster you have linked above is for a pre-FL Superb.

I'm afraid that they are not cheap. The Twindoor LED rear clusters are £163 inc.VAT each, I'd imagine the estates are similarly priced.

It is actually quite difficult to tell the 'old' and 'new' apart without seeing them lit-up.

On the newer LED clusters the orientation of the indicator and reverse lights has changed. Instead of being on top and below each other they are now next to each other (left and right). The newer clusters also have a clear chromed section that hides the bulbs...

Pre-facelift (non-LED):

SuperbRearLight2_zps0de5402e.jpg

Facelift (LED):

SuperbRearLight1_zps22bb6b4f.jpg

Edited by silver1011