VRS tyres for alloys ...advice please

I am looking for tyres for my VRS alloys(16").

As they are going on a Fabia Classic that is pretty old 2004 and money is a concern, I've been looking on these ones:

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=110&cart_id=50517443.110.24321&Cookie=tyrepricebuster&sowigan=So&Breite=205&Quer=55&Felge=16&Speed=N&Load=&kategorie=1&Marke=Dunlop&ranzahl=4&tyre_for=&x_tyre_for=So&Herst=Dunlop&m_s=3&weiter=30&sort_by=preis&rsmFahrzeugart=PKW&filter_preis_bis=50&filter_preis_von=&homologation=&search_tool=standard&Label=C-C-72-2&details=Ordern&typ=D-105603

Is there anything I need to look in particular in a tyre other than fuel consumption and noise?

I don't usually go on motorways so it's for short trips only within the city.

The protective rim against kerbing is also attractive on these tyres.

Your advice please...

It's a personal choice. They need to be 205 45 R16 in size. The ones in your link are 205 55 which may affect the speedo reading too much

You can check for size compatibility using this link 

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=185&aspect=60&diameter=14&wheelwidth=5.5&offset=38&width2=195&aspect2=50&diameter2=15&wheelwidth2=6&offset2=38#content

Get the best your budget can afford. Despite what many may tell you, some of the budget brands are ok too.

I'm off to get some on Wednesday too!

Chip

Thanks guys,

The reason I looked at the Goodride is because they have the rim protection although not quite clear whether this is an additional bit that fits on the rim or

it is part of the wheel itself??

I am getting the alloys powder coated soon so I want to protect them as much as I can really so i won't have to do that in a years time or so again.

Also what is the difference between  these two numbers:

205/45 ZR16 87W XL

and

205/45 ZR16 83W

Thanks guys,

The reason I looked at the Goodride is because they have the rim protection although not quite clear whether this is an additional bit that fits on the rim or

it is part of the wheel itself??

I am getting the alloys powder coated soon so I want to protect them as much as I can really so i won't have to do that in a years time or so again.

Also what is the difference between these two numbers:

205/45 ZR16 87W XL

and

205/45 ZR16 83W

The difference is the tyres speed rating. Not sure what each one is but they shouldn't matter unless you drive at 250mph everywhere. Edited by LewisVRS

The XL means they have a more reinforced wall. usually they are for cars that carry more weight such as people carriers but should be more durable for normal usage

Chip

I find Falken tyres are a good mid-range brand. Solid predictable handling and don't wear out too fast.

Camskill < is worth a look.

The Rainsport 3s are also said to be a good tyre by a few members on here, always go for the XL version where possible.