Door mirror glass

Hi all, Can anyone tell me how to extract the glass in the door mirrors on a Mk 2 Octavia, Heaters don't work on both mirrors so was wanting to have look to see if they can be fixed,Thanks guys.

Sorry I did a couple of posts  on this you need a trim removal tool , around a fiver for a pack on ebay, press side nearest window in so outside is proud and carefully lever out 2012-03-21130109.jpg

You don't need trim removal tools, but they might make it easier.

I did mine with my fat fingers quite easily.

Adjust mirror so lowest corner nearest the car sticks out and gently but firmly prise from there.

Be careful not to pull the wires (top corner nearest car).

Later Octavia s you could blow on them and thet would come off , my 56 plate was well snapped on and would have smashed using fingers , same for my R36 to update side repeater leds to full strips

Well got the driver glass out no problem, wires intact, Nothing much to see, Only thing i noticed was the back of the mirror was, Well, A mirror, same both sides, No sign of heating elements, Just mirror glass stuck on to white foam backing which in turn is fixed to backing plate which clips into mirror housing?? :think:

Well got the driver glass out no problem, wires intact, Nothing much to see, Only thing i noticed was the back of the mirror was, Well, A mirror, same both sides, No sign of heating elements, Just mirror glass stuck on to white foam backing which in turn is fixed to backing plate which clips into mirror housing?? :think:

Were the wires attached to anything?

If not, then maybe you don't have heated glasses fitted.

If they were, then measure the resistance between the two connections on the mirror to see what you get.

Switch on the heated mirrors and see if you get 12V at the wires/connections.

Note to check voltage on the wires to the heated mirrors u need the engine running. You will not get any voltage with engine not running..IE just ignition on

Go to the link in post 2 then post ten that shows the rear of glass when removed , that is what it should look like , oh just a thought does the mirror glass  on dial work ie alter when you move, could be you just have a blown fuse 

Mine looks identical to the pictured one, except can't see any heating elements in the white foam backing,,And yes the mirrors move with the switch no problem..