Auto lights malfunction after service

Had my 2012 MY Superb serviced today. On variable interval servicing, and had gone 18 months and 18,700 miles (although I did an oil change at the half way mark).

Weird thing is that the auto lights are now malfunctioning. If I enter an underpass, they come on, as expected. But exiting into daylight, they stay on. If I switch the lights off manually, they go off, but as soon as I return the dial to 'Auto', they are back on. It requires turning engine off and on, to get them back working properly again.

They were operating normally before the service.

Anyone seen this before?

This has happened to me sometimes first thing in the morning, this morning for example but once the car's glass has fully dried it stops occurring but can also happen if there has been some rain but not all the time.

Not an answer as to why just letting you know that your not alone.

It's quite a common issue with the auto lights, once on they like to stay on for the duration of the journey even if the parameters that led to their activation are no longer met.

If I enter an underpass, they come on, as expected. But exiting into daylight, they stay on. If I switch the lights off manually, they go off, but as soon as I return the dial to 'Auto', they are back on. It requires turning engine off and on, to get them back working properly again.

...because you're doing over 140km/hr  :angel:

You could have an issue with the sensor maybe but TBH mine are a bit hit and miss also.  Sometimes when in 'auto' mode the dipped beam will engage, sometimes not, even when the correct conditions are met.  Before I had auto lights/DRLs I always drove on dipped beams all the time in order to be more visible (even on the pre FL as I hated those DRLs next to the fogs).

When I bought the FL model at first I used the auto function for a while but realised that they didn't engage sometimes even when it was getting quite dark - also the LEDs are not on in the rear with DRLs which really annoys me .  Now I just leave my dipped beams on again most of the time, switching to auto at night so that I have the benefit of the adaptive lights.