Sport finally arrived...... just in time for the release of the Monte Carlo

marky9074

Mrs Marky picked up on Saturday, with very helpful staff picking her and bubba up to take them to the dealership. They had fitted the armrest and stainless sills, and put the bill on the (0%) finance. Had a reasonable motorway run to the detailers Monday, and absolutely no complaints. Detailer said it looked like they had washed it with a yard broom, so maybe I should have told them not to touch it.

TT pedals went on, but I am not so sure about the brake pedal. It 'feels' on, and I can rotate it left and right, which makes me think that the rubber has pushed through and locked. I note that these pedals are available for every other model as an option (but not the Citigo). I ordered the Up! rear protection film off eBay, but it didn't arrive in time for the detailer (good price £36 IIRC). It is genuine, so pleased about that.

PID was already out of date, and it took some time to find the update software (luckily someone had mentioned fresh on here, and it quickly come up on a search). I read the manual and couldn't find any reference on how to update it..... Next thing was to rape the 64GB SD card from my phone (good excuse to buy the new 128GB version), and that fired up OK with all my music.

So all in all very happy. Well I would be if I had the aluminium door pulls, electric mirrors and flat bottomed steering wheel of the Monte Carlo... oh well!!

post-114123-0-49364400-1400133138_thumb.jpg

post-114123-0-21914300-1400133157_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Forgot to ask... anybody got any real world tips for putting the rear film on?

Also lights to change over at some point...

I took mine (not a citigo) to a window tinting place, they did a perfect job in 5 minutes and charged £0...I gave them a beer token though.

Otherwise, lots of misted water on the paintwork before application, so it moves well (I believe) is the key if doing yourself. And make sure the area is clean, ideally IPA it to remove polish, grease etc too.

Edited by phsroberts

I regretted that the 16" Serpens wheels were never (and still aren't) available as an option for an Elegance.  When I ordered the car in February 2013, the 15" Auriga alloy wheels weren't even optional but luckily they became an option after a few days/couple of weeks so I was able to add them to my order.

Your car looks very smart indeed in black, I must say.  I hope Mrs Marky really enjoys it and keeps it looking pristine.

• Like 1

Mrs Marky picked up on Saturday, with very helpful staff picking her and bubba up to take them to the dealership. They had fitted the armrest and stainless sills, and put the bill on the (0%) finance. Had a reasonable motorway run to the detailers Monday, and absolutely no complaints. Detailer said it looked like they had washed it with a yard broom, so maybe I should have told them not to touch it.

TT pedals went on, but I am not so sure about the brake pedal. It 'feels' on, and I can rotate it left and right, which makes me think that the rubber has pushed through and locked. I note that these pedals are available for every other model as an option (but not the Citigo). I ordered the Up! rear protection film off eBay, but it didn't arrive in time for the detailer (good price £36 IIRC). It is genuine, so pleased about that.

PID was already out of date, and it took some time to find the update software (luckily someone had mentioned fresh on here, and it quickly come up on a search). I read the manual and couldn't find any reference on how to update it..... Next thing was to rape the 64GB SD card from my phone (good excuse to buy the new 128GB version), and that fired up OK with all my music.

So all in all very happy. Well I would be if I had the aluminium door pulls, electric mirrors and flat bottomed steering wheel of the Monte Carlo... oh well!!

attachicon.gifWP_20140512_18_10_27_Pro.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_20140512_18_10_34_Pro.jpg

Is it just me or do the Serpens look particularly splendid on the black sport?

PS: I don't think the electric mirrors will be standard on the UK Monte. Same spec as the UK sport more or less.

Anyone got any pointers on a pram that folds into the boot space... with the parcel shelf intact? We have a McLaren at the moment, but the wheels pop over the top.

Bulbs went in today. Can't say I'm too happy with the blue look of the bulb, but at least they're all blue I guess. Film went on, but was mostly a disaster. Even with liberal coating of fluid, it started to set within about 3-5 minutes. Not sure if I would attempt it again (knowing that I have such little time to get the bubbles out)....

We have the cosatto yo push chair that fits in quite snug.

Nice looking car ;-) i love my black sport its so much fun to drive too

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1