service advice

So the vrs is due a service, last one was 15k ago, I know the brake fluid needs doing, but other than that what should I get changed?

Its my mates uncle doing it as he works for Mercedes. He said oil, diesel filter, air filter, glow plugs, oil filter but is there anything else? If someone could supply a list that would be great.

also where should I buy the parts from?

Thanks.

Eurocarparts for parts or if you want genuine VAG parts, TPS.

Glow plugs are not a service item, I wouldn't replace unless they break.  My car has done 130k and is still on original set.

The other items you mention depend on the mileage you have done and what was done at last service.  If you don't know the history all the above (except glow plugs) would be worth doing:

Oil & filter (get a new sump plug and crush washer), proper PD oil is a must, i.e. approved to VW 505.01 or 507.00.

fuel filter

air filter

Eurocarparts for parts or if you want genuine VAG parts, TPS.

Glow plugs are not a service item, I wouldn't replace unless they break.  My car has done 130k and is still on original set.

The other items you mention depend on the mileage you have done and what was done at last service.  If you don't know the history all the above (except glow plugs) would be worth doing:

Oil & filter (get a new sump plug and crush washer), proper PD oil is a must, i.e. approved to VW 505.01 or 507.00.

fuel filter

air filter

Thanks, cars on 105k now and was on 91k when it was last serviced if that helps?