What are these alloys? Were they an option?

Just wondered what these alloys are that are fitted to a 10 plate Elegance model i've seen? Were they an option instead of the usual Themisto alloys?

Cheers

Dave.

post-9093-0-28802700-1400596195_thumb.jpg

lol thanks guys..... I also just found a 2010 brochure online and can confirm they are indeed the Luna alloys.

Cheers

Dave.

To be honest i prefer the themisto alloys myself but keep seeing the odd one with the luna's fitted.

Cheers

Dave.

I ordered Luna's on mine for two reasons:

1/ they are MUCH easier to clean

2/ they have no polished and lacquered surface to get the dreaded white worm

And they look better !

• Like 1

Obviously in your opinion Martin lol

Cleaning the Themistos I find easy tbh...

Spray them with Autobrite cherry wheel cleaner, leave for a few mins and blast off with pressure washer.

After that, they hardly need to have any further cleaning done!

Mine have been refurbed to a normal finish, so I don't have the polished/lacquered Themistos... so i can't comment on the white worm 

• Like 1

One word of warning with the Luna's, there have been several reports that they don't cope with pot holes as well as other OEM rims and have a tendency to bend or buckle. 

One word of warning with the Luna's, there have been several reports that they don't cope with pot holes as well as other OEM rims and have a tendency to bend or buckle. 

But they look good :) 

One word of warning with the Luna's, there have been several reports that they don't cope with pot holes as well as other OEM rims and have a tendency to bend or buckle.

I really wouldn't read too much into that, I have hit a few big potholes very hard and mine were still as straight as when they left the factory!

(But I did flat spot an OE Audi 16" winter alloy on a pothole!)

I specced LUNAs on my 2009 Superb because (1) I preferrred them (2) they were easy to clean and (3) they would be less likely to lose their finish and start oxydising. So far (almost 5 years) the wheels have not buckled or bent. Though I do run them at 33 lbs/sq inch and that must help.