Exhaust

Hiya fellas and lady's! I'm currently making changes to my Monte Carlo, I've posted a couple of topics on here in the last few days and the response time is second to none! The last thing I need to know is, will a mk 2 fabia Vrs standard exhaust, fit my car, like to add a bit more of a sporty look whilst maintaining my warranty. Happy to get aftermarket however I don't know of a company that skoda approve. Cheers guys

There are threads already with pictures, and links to Finishers/Tail Pipes..

No need to use the vRS Back Box, (it is not exactly stylish IMO, others change them.)

you will need to cut the rear Bumper to fit it anyway.

But maybe someone that has removed one will sell it to you..

You can get other rear Finishers with Twin Pipes and fit these.

'Much Cheapness',

But still need to cut the rear Bumper, not that it is a big job.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/277189-monte-carlo-exhaust-tip

I presumed that because it's built by skoda's manufacturers, that they wouldn't have a problem warranty wise with me putting a Vrs exhaust on it. I don't want anything majorly load or Chavy. Will it still void my warranty then?

Hiya fellas and lady's! I'm currently making changes to my Monte Carlo, I've posted a couple of topics on here in the last few days and the response time is second to none! The last thing I need to know is, will a mk 2 fabia Vrs standard exhaust, fit my car, like to add a bit more of a sporty look whilst maintaining my warranty. Happy to get aftermarket however I don't know of a company that skoda approve. Cheers guys

Hi Reecefabia, I've not carried out the mod you are asking about, but have done similar things to customer cars. I honestly would not recommend it. It will invalidate the warranty even if it fits. Changing any part of the system for another part (even from Skoda) can affect the back pressure and cause issues if you don't tune the engine accordingly. The exhaust system on todays cars is carefully tuned to provide performance, economy and low noise in compliance with the relevant EN rules. And, you will unlikely improve performance or economy or even maintain what you already have if you make a change. I say that from experience. That is unless you are prepared to make other changes. I've dealt with just this sort of thing for many years and there are virtually no easy changes other than a cosmetic rear pipe. It's different if you are tuning the car big time and you are prepared to spend the money and not worry about warranty. The minute you touch a box, your warranty is gone. In addition, you are modifying your car and as such must inform your insurers. Watch what happens to your premium after that, even for a relatively small change to the system. Good luck anyhoo with whatever you decide to do.

Edited by Estate Man