lockout

Can anyone help?  my passenger door wont open from outside, inside is fine, i removed door card and found with a torch, a tiny cable from the outer handle had come off.. Fast forward a year and I decide to fix it. Local skoda dealer sell me a bowden cable, which is 2ft long and goes between inner handle and lock, not that  mine was fine. I do some research on here and find how to remove the part of the outer handle which on the drivers door housed the barrel, all good,removed it put the cable back in, worked perfectly.......until i locked car with remote key... now its deadlocked, can't open from outside or inside, .....it locks and unlocks ok,,, now,  if I smack the outer door below the handle the outer and inner handles work fine, until I lock the car, then I have to smack it again... Anyone any ideas what I have done wrong. The only other thing I have done is remove drivers door card at the same time for a general check up on the window reg.  Thanks oh its an octavia 2000 tdi saloon,,

I had kinda the same problem with the rear door, only managed to get it open by giving it a bang and pressing the open on the fob, I sprayed wd40 into the lock and over the inside of the lock inside the door, that was 18 months ago and never had the problem return..