street view oncolumbus

I am new to the columbus navigation, when I am in the map screen I appear to have the map of Europe with the UK hardly visible with the start arrow.

my question is how do you get the map to show the route chosen with the arrow actually on the road/street that I am driving on along with side roads etc. As on my TomTom, or is the not a function?

Thanks

I use the auto setting (its shown as A in a magnifying glass), then it zooms in at junctions to get a clear image of where you want to go, but then zooms out again on the open road so you can see the route ahead and any towns etc that you're approaching.

• Like 1

I use the auto setting (its shown as A in a magnifying glass), then it zooms in at junctions to get a clear image of where you want to go, but then zooms out again on the open road so you can see the route ahead and any towns etc that you're approaching.

Thanks for the info. Glad I visited the forum before "The hammer as Mr Ree!!"

Cheers

• Like 1

Talking of the Columbus navigation.... While I wait for mine to arrive in a few weeks, dose it use full UK postcodes?

Stuart

Yep, full postcode. I've had my Superb FL since October last year and it had full postcode back then, not sure which version mapping or when it began, my last Passat CC with RNS510 didn't have full postcode so about time.