Bolero to Pre fl

Hi all, After wanting to upgrade the Stream radio somehow i've come to the conclusion that fitting a Bolero is probably the best option, When i find a good,decent priced one... How easy is it to fit into a 2005 Pre Fl Octy? Can i us the existing surround? Is it just ''plug and play''?  do i need anything else?     Thanks guys...

As Dakar. Said. I beleive anything pre 2008 requires a new canbus. I fitted a bolero into MY08 and it was great.

You can use the existing surround. The stream is the same shape. You may need to fish out a torx screw driver. Can't remember the size but not one of these multi purpose screw drivers as the head is too fat to fit in the hole. (Trying not to be rude)

Other than that it's a straight swap over and transforms the interior.

Torx screw size = T20

Remove the fascia by opening the ashtray, gripping the bottom of the fascia, and pull gently but firmly. The fascia just pops off. The screws on the Stream are under a cover in each corner. Bolero you hae to remove it's Fascia to expose the screw-holes.

Should take no more than about 10 minutes really.

You'll need a CANBus of at least revision K (preferably L) onwards. I picked up an a revision AD off eBay for £50. You'll need someone with VCDS to code it once it's in the car. See here for a list of VCDS owners...

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=209732397261666218585.0004c66cecde3f435ecb4&msa=0&dg=feature

Mine went straight in, no problem and no coding either. Hooked up to the cd changer in the boot too.  Perhaps music overload, but hey ho..  :D

Mine went straight in, no problem and no coding either. Hooked up to the cd changer in the boot too.  Perhaps music overload, but hey ho..  :D

Roughly, really roughly, MP3 gives 10 albums to 1 CD. All 6 of the Bolero's on-board slots will read MP3 CDs, coupled with the boot-changer's 6, you can carry roughly 66 albums worth of music.

Then you move on to the capacity of the SD card ;)

Should keep you singing for a while ;) ;)