Looking for a blown turbo for a VRS Tdi 2007 - BMN engine code

I'd imagine that these are becoming harder and harder to find, the main reason being is that the old blown turbo is often taken in part exchange towards the cost of the new replacement turbo.

Assuming the actuators are also replaced during the refurb process then I'd guess you'd be better off searching for only the actuator rather than the full turbo itself?

Go to VW and ask, im sure I remember reading that someone on here was in the same situation and skoda would not help. they ended up at VW and got the actuator without a fuss... gotta be worth a try anyway as its gonna be the same part!

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same boat with you. Managed to melt my actuator. Also managed to restore it but i don't know for how long it will last so searching for a new actuator. Havent found one yet but will be searching in Czhech and German scrapyards next...maybe theres a bigger chance to find one there. Will update this post if i find anything.

Have you tried TPS?

If this is nearly what you're after, may be worth a call to Darkside....

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/electronic-vacuum-actuator-for-2-0-16v-tdi-cr-engines-round-port.html

May be worth calling a local turbo rebuild company too? I imagine they'd use a few...

Have you tried TPS?

If this is nearly what you're after, may be worth a call to Darkside....

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/electronic-vacuum-actuator-for-2-0-16v-tdi-cr-engines-round-port.html

May be worth calling a local turbo rebuild company too? I imagine they'd use a few...

I tried that actuator and the problem is it works in the opposite direction. When the original actuator on the Octy pulls the shaft in, the one you posted pushes the shaft out and gives wrong readings to the ECU. So when the car is just working the ECU gets info that the turbo valve is 85% open (should be 15%) and when you rev up it reduces the percentage when it should actually increase it. Hence it works in the opposite direction. It should work with the CR engines on the FL octys but not on the PD BMN engine.

• 1 year later...