Well, I finally joined the club

Bought myself a 12 plate 1.8 TSI 4X4, shown below.  I pick it up  Friday.  I originally wanted to a 170CR TDI but I only do about 6k a year so this seemed a good alternative as I don't want DPF problems...

Only 21k on the clock, with some other gadgets as a bonus.  Some of which I have yet to find I think. 

On the test drive, it certainly goes, considering it's a hefty lump. Very smooth power delivery and gets fast without you realising it with it being so quiet.  Saying that, I am considering a remap when it's out of warranty.  Does anyone have any experience remapping the 1.8 and what differences it makes - mpg etc?

Gonna miss my Passat in the background, never let me down, but at the moment, Friday can't come quick enough

post-114579-0-41740000-1401141566_thumb.jpg

Looks great! Seems like a good month for Superb buyers! Is it storm blue or pacific blue? I think you'll love your new car. Would be good to see what you think its like compared to the Passat.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to seeing this. I checked on roofbox.co.uk and it seems the superb uses the same S44 whispbar roof bars as my octavia so you are welcome to use these and the roofbox (thule motion 800) for your hols if you like.

Your Neighbour Paul.

Haha thanks mate.

I find it amazing to bump into my opposite neighbour on here without even knowing who you were on this site. Small, small world.

You can take it for a spin over the weekend if you catch me free mate.

Looks great! Seems like a good month for Superb buyers! Is it storm blue or pacific blue? I think you'll love your new car. Would be good to see what you think its like compared to the Passat.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

Looks like Pacific Blue - not metallic.

• Like 1

Car looks grand :)

Remember to wave if you spot a Briskoda sticker :)

Where in Lincoln are you?

I am at RAF Waddington mate.  I have to wait till I finish work to pick her up though.  Grrr

Well, so far I am very impressed.  Goes like Sh$$ off a shovel, the bi-xenons are absolutely fantastic, but the best thing I didn't realise it has - park assist.  I have just driven round the block 4 times letting it parallel park me into different spots.  Very weird the first couple of times.  Not sure if it's a gimmick yet, I generally like to park myself, but the ball and chain will be happy about it.

I have just driven round the block 4 times letting it parallel park me into different spots

Well that's three more times than a lot us have used it.  Most use it once to show off and then never bother with it again!

That maybe so mate. I will probably forget about the option after a while. I wonder how you find what options the car was built with? As the VW dealer didn't advertise the park assist, heated front screen and auto dimming mirror as the didn't know about them. Do you think the Skoda main dealer would run a print out with this on?

also, is there a vcds option to enable playing DVD while on the move? Obviously this is for the little one in the back seat.

Edited by theherbster

That maybe so mate. I will probably forget about the option after a while. I wonder how you find what options the car was built with? As the VW dealer didn't advertise the park assist, heated front screen and auto dimming mirror as the didn't know about them. Do you think the Skoda main dealer would run a print out with this on?

also, is there a vcds option to enable playing DVD while on the move? Obviously this is for the little one in the back seat.

Welcome mate.

And a fantastic car u got there.

U wouldnt missed the space in the passat (Superb has masses)!

U got electric opening boot?

Torch in the boot?

Nice to have park assist and heated front screen :-)

Is there a label in the engine bay that gives u the car spec?

E0A = No special edition

1D0 = Without trailer hitch

5SJ = Left exterior mirror: convex

5RV = Right exterior mirror: aspherical

1KJ = Disc brakes, rear

6FB = Body-colored exterior mirror housings

1AT = Electronic stabilization program (ESP)

3FA = Without roof insert (standard roof)

1N3 = Speed-related variable steering assist (Servotronic)

1NL = Covers for alloy wheels

H7D = Tires 225/40 R18 92Y xl

4UP = Drivers and front passenger air bag with knee air bag and front passenger air bag deactivation

B09 = Type approval Great Britain and NorthernIreland

3QT = 3-point seat belts with tensioner and height adjustment, front

4X3 = Side air bag front with curtain air bag

4A3 = Seat heater for front seats separately controlled

8ZF = Inside side window antenna

J0L = Battery 340 A (70 Ah)

QI6 = Service indicator 30,000 km or 2 year ( variable )

8GU = Alternator 140 A

6Y0 = Without cruise control warning system

9AK = Climatronic with impact pressure control free of cfc

8RM = 8 speakers (passive)

7T6 = Navigation system (MID)

8AY = Radio/navigation system

8QL = Key for locking system with remote control

8X1 = Headlight washer system

4K3 = Radio remote controlled central locking operated from inside and safe securing

B09 = Type approval Great Britain and NorthernIreland

7MG = Emission standard EU5

QN0 = Without drawers under front seats

3L6 = Electric seat adjustment for both front seats, drivers seat with memory system

9P3 = Seat belt reminder, electric contact in buckle

Q2J = Comfort front seats

7X5 = Parallel parking assistant

9ZQ = Preparation for installation of car phone

8WD = Integrated front fog light

7A0 = Without CD changer/CD player

3GG = Plane rear cargo area

7AL = Anti-theft alarm system, passenger compartment control, backup horn and towing protection

Q02 = Suspension range 302

L03 = Suspension range 03 installation control only, no requirement forecast

7P1 = Power adjustable lumbar support in frontseats

F0A = No special purpose vehicle, standard equipment

3S9 = Roof rails

2UA = Standard design

Thanks Chan.  Looks pretty standard on the rest of the spec.  It doesn't mention the rear view mirror which is strange.  It also came with a full size spare wheel - albeit a steely 16 inch.  

I have already found the Skoda love around Lincoln, with fellow Skoda drivers letting me out on junctions where I would usually wait a while... or maybe I was just lucky.

Excellent find on the code checker

• Like 1