columbus - display day and date

Is there any way to make the Columbus or maxidot display the day and date?

I would consider reloading with audi or vw firmware if it would work.

or, does anyone know of a small neat accessory that would look nice and do the job.

(none of my friends with other makes can believe vag cars don't do this)

The Columbus can display the time when both on and off (with the appropriate firmware), however this is not possible with date regardless of firmware version.

It is a shame. You switch the Columbus off and all you get is the tiny time in the middle. Could have easily had the date there too!

Phil

• Like 1

I find this odd as you can set the date in the Columbus but it doesn't display it anywhere except when you set it. When I had my first 2005 B6 Passat with the red maxidot it did display the full date with the time, when I had my second one which had a white maxidot the option was no longer there, so it is possible, it's just been deleted for some reason.

Might be a bit cheesy, but I'd like an analogue clock on the display when it's off! 

I've seen you can update the welcome screen, it's a shame they didn't make it as customisable. But maybe with the new tech in the S3 it'll give us more options to make it more personal. 

• Like 2