Centre speaker vibration..

Still loving the Octy, hard to believe I've done 6k in it already. However.

Whilst I managed to sort the vibration above the "knee-cap / shin" airbag (metal hook just needed bending a few mm), the centre speaker rattles like crazy on AM (5 Live when out of DAB range)..

Downloaded an app and at 204hz it goes absolutely mental in the top left corner. Anyone else had this, tempted to work out how to remove the grille to glue it back, or dampen it somehow as I kinda feels like an issue a dealer won't erm.. necessarily have the nuance to resolve without further disruption.

Still, sounds like a good excuse to show you guys and gals how bad it is - but only on certain announcers / presenters! 

Take it this is with the Canton system? Can't say I've noticed this myself but for vibrations some dynamat / skinz or other deadening material around the area works wonders... although the hard part will be getting to it with it being in the dash :(

Yup, is with Canton. Don't want to damage dash or grille, it a 100% the grille rattling against dash. Such an easy fix.. but for all I know the front bumper will need to cone off to enable removal without breaking it's delicate plastic feet!

Noticed my new vRS with canton does this, only noticed it on talkSport, on DAB. Must be something to do with the typical frequency/volume of voice based radio.

What app did you use to check this with? may need it to demo the fault to the dealers.

My elegance with canton does the same, particularly bad with talking at higher volumes. Can make it go away by holding the grill so shouldn't be that hard to fix.

Also have a rattle in the left door

Sent using tapatalk

Edited by ozoccy

• 2 months later...

I have this exact same rattle on my VRS centre speaker and was considering taking it into the dealer, only have the same concerns that to remedy they may only make it worse or will end up with more rattles. 

Has anyone taken this to a dealer yet? I can also stop it by the lightest of touches to the grill.