Ignition barrel code reader removal help plz

Here you are http://workshop-manuals.com/skoda/fabia-mk1/vehicle_electrics/electrical_system/lights_lamps_switches_outside/steering_column_switch/removing_and_installing_lock_cylinder/

The reader coil is part of the lock cylinder and can't be renewed separately. A new one would also need coding I think.

^ Ummm...yeah? That is not from the Haynes manual. I have the Haynes and it does not even have page 97-22 in it because they are not numbered like that. Also, the thing you've posted is for the Octavia.

just like that pic, octavia is the same, ign on, pin in the hole and push it hard, then pull barrell out, the code reader ring is part of the barrell tho

• 4 years later...

this problem will come up from time to time, as it did for me recently; so I thought I would add what I discovered.

My immobiliser aerial did NOT pop out as easily as demonstrated in the videos around.  What fixed two days of frustration and a whole bunch of unnecessary removal of steering column parts was making a Pin "Tool" out of a Philips head mini screw driver.  In the end, after 5 paperclips, a hex key and stabbed fingers, the Philips head screw driver did the job second go.  But, I had to give it a good shove into the hole, and that's the point I wanted to make.  All the paper clips bent, and the hex key was too "blunt" at the end to find the hole within the barrel. 

Hope this helps someone out there.

IMG_0744.jpg

• Like 2