new Octavia 1.4 Tsi wind noise

Hello 

I received my new Octavia 1.4TSI DSG about a week ago.i get annoying wind noises (windows fully closed)  from pillar A area (front driver and passenger side) noises starts around 100Kmh and increase with acceleration,the noise is loud and very annoying.it sounds like the noise coming from out side the vehicle and not from penetrating into the car.i notice if i open about third of the front window at that speed the window shakes a lot.

is that a common issue? is there a solution for that?

thanks a lot.   

I find my 1.4 TSI remarkably free of wind noise, even at 70 mph. When I test drove 1.6 & 2.0 diesel versions it was a very windy day and I thought they both suffered badly from wind noise, though I wasn't sure how much was down to the weather. A week later, I tested a 1.4 TSI and found it much quieter by comparison, though the weather was a whole lot calmer. Overall, I preferred the 1.4 for a number of reasons and decided to buy one, but it would have been a deal breaker if it had been the same as the diesels I drove.

For me, it does sounds like you might have an problem with your window seals, or I could be going deaf!!

Likewise no wind noise from my 1.4TSi. My previous Octy 2 did have wind noise problems due to the door seals. The new door seals are totally different & have obviously sorted the Octy 2 problem.

Hello 

I received my new Octavia 1.4TSI DSG about a week ago.i get annoying wind noises (windows fully closed)  from pillar A area (front driver and passenger side) noises starts around 100Kmh and increase with acceleration,the noise is loud and very annoying.it sounds like the noise coming from out side the vehicle and not from penetrating into the car.i notice if i open about third of the front window at that speed the window shakes a lot.

is that a common issue? is there a solution for that?

thanks a lot.   

No problem with mine, but once a had an early Octy 3 for a few days as a courtesy car with the same wind noise as you described!

(Shaking windows when opened - this is a different story I think).

Maybe it's the plastic element at the bottom side of the windscreen that makes the noise. It has a curve (coming up) both left and right side.

As I remember on that courtesy car this curve did not contact the windscreen properly. I touched it a few times one morning and the noise was gone.OK, it's not the solution but you can apply some tape there temporarily and see what happens.

Maybe the wind make this plastic vibrate and hit the body/windscreen and makes that noise.

Maybe it's a known issue - ask your dealer.

I don't have high wind noise when driving, I would take the car back to the dealer and get them to have a look at the car.

I encountered this as well. On my 1.4 it has only occurred on one side, from the driver's side A-pillar area. And also only at 90+ km/h, it's definitely very annoying.

That being said, it's been infrequent and been happening less and less often. Meaning most highway runs are not noisy.

I haven't been to the dealer's after the handover, might mention it when I go for 1st service.

Me and my cousin have 2 octy 3 cars with 1.4tsi and we both have what the op mentions exactly even the window shaking part

And the dealer couldn't do anything as they are only looking for air leaks and can do nothing to out side noise penetrating the car.