Flex XC3401 VRG Deal - may be of interest....

samuir1974

AB are playing to down a bit until all is finalised..... but as per the model name, 21mm forced rotation.

Will hopefully include both a 5 and 6" plate in the kit so you can use standard pads on them as well,

BUT will be focused on the new Microfibre style pads as these are more effective for correction.

Pricing £170-180 with the machine, optional handle, brushes and 2 x backing plate as described.  :thumbup:

I have talked to the manufacturer of this product also, I will dig out the name and the links

Here we go, could be the Ansi Auto model I think http://www.ansiauto.com/showpro.asp?ArticleID=7487

Also here is the relevant DW thread for a lot of this http://www.detailingworld.com/forum/showthread.php?s=8bd3b37272e0cf2cf86717a1aaab202b&t=322032

It seems that they are setting up UK distributor agreements.

CYC and AB both working out their own packaging and kits.

I see some Euro releases.... such as this 199Euro for the PAW-900

http://www.wax-it.be/shop/winkel/machine-polishers-accessories/paw-900-21mm-d-a-polijstmachine

• 2 weeks later...

Had a little play with the 'Rupes copy' today @ CYC headquarters

A really nice piece of kit..lovely balance in the hand

Will definitely be getting this when they come out in a few weeks

I meant to ask if they would do a group buy on them

EDIT:

IT WAS A RUPES COPY...Apologies

• Like 1

Had a little play with the 'Flex DA copy' today @ CYC headquarters

A really nice piece of kit..lovely balance in the hand

Will definitely be getting this when they come out in a few weeks

I meant to ask if they would do a group buy on them

is this one different to the rupes copy? cos there's 2 coming out? Flex and Rupes copies?

did thy say an estimated price for the Flex copy?

im looking to buy one so may hold off to see what they are costing

• 2 weeks later...

So i know AB are looking at the FR-21 or PAW-900 with 21mm forced rotation - details have already been posted on this.

Did you catch what CYC were testing Chris? Is it a variant of the above  or other?

There is a DAP-900 v3 thread doing the rounds with 8mm forced rotation too.

Hmmmm...

I really dont know...All I played with was a copy of a Rupes Bigfoot DA...... they said they would be selling in a few weeks

They had been testing it. It felt nice to use and at half the price of a Rupes  DA..Its a winner

OK....Spoke to CYC this morning

They will be selling them in 2 to 3 weeks

They will be doing pre-orders just prior to the selling date, but they don't think availability will be an problem

So watch this space

BTW...it looks like this:

P1100696.JPG

No good for me then Chris, I can't control my shakes at the best of times. (Damn side effects)

Less vibration Carl

Downloaded the bumf from Polished Bliss website:

Although polishing with a dual action machine polisher is a relatively straightforward process, there are various important practical points to consider that are too numerous and involved to go into in detail about here. Therefore, if you require more detailed information about dual action machine polishers and how to use them safely and effectively, please take the time to read both the instructions supplied with your kit and our illustrated guides entitled "What Does Polishing Do?" and "What Polish Should I Use?".

Recommended method for correcting soft paint using the BigFoot system:

To correct obvious swirl marks and other common paint defects, start out with RUPES Keramik Gloss (Fine Gel Compound) on a RUPES Fine BigFoot Polishing Pad (Yellow). Working at 4000-5000 orbits per minute (speed 5-6 on RUPES BigFoot Random Orbital Polishers) using light pressure should enable you able to correct a large proportion of the defects in just 1-2 attempts per 18” x 18” area. If your paint is in bad condition and you subsequently find that more correction is needed, switch to RUPES Quarz Gloss (Medium Gel Compound) on a RUPES Medium BigFoot Polishing Pad (Green) - this product and pad combination offers much more cutting power, but should be used sparingly, as the rate of paint removal increases significantly. When you are happy with the level of correction, follow up with RUPES Keramik Gloss (Fine Gel Compound) on a RUPES Fine BigFoot Polishing Pad (Yellow) again, in order to maximise surface gloss. If you really want to go to town, you may wish to perform an additional final jewelling step with RUPES Diamond Gloss (Ultra Fine Gel Compound) on a RUPES Ultra Fine Polishing Pad (White) prior to applying your favourite sealant or wax.

Recommended method for correcting intermediate paint using the BigFoot system:

To correct obvious swirl marks and other common paint defects, start out with RUPES Quarz Gloss (Medium Gel Compound) on a RUPES Medium BigFoot Polishing Pad (Green). Working at 4000-5000 orbits per minute (speed 5-6 on RUPES BigFoot Random Orbital Polishers) using light to moderate pressure should enable you able to correct a large proportion of the defects in just 1-2 attempts per 18” x 18” area. If your paint is in bad condition and you subsequently find that more correction is needed, switch to RUPES Zephir Gloss (Coarse Gel Compound) on a RUPES Coarse BigFoot Polishing Pad (Blue) - this product and pad combination offers much more cutting power, but should be used sparingly, as the rate of paint removal increases significantly. When you are happy with the level of correction, follow up with RUPES Keramik Gloss (Fine Gel Compound) on a RUPES Fine BigFoot Polishing Pad (Yellow), in order to maximise surface gloss. If you really want to go to town, you may wish to perform an additional final jewelling step with RUPES Diamond Gloss (Ultra Fine Gel Compound) on a RUPES Ultra Fine Polishing Pad (White) prior to applying your favourite sealant or wax.

Recommended method for correcting hard paint using the BigFoot system:

To correct obvious swirl marks and other common paint defects, start out with RUPES Zephir Gloss (Coarse Gel Compound) on a RUPES Coarse BigFoot Polishing Pad (Blue). Working at 4000-5000 orbits per minute (speed 5-6 on RUPES BigFoot Random Orbital Polishers) using light to moderate pressure should enable you able to correct a large proportion of the defects in just 1-2 attempts per 18” x 18” area (note that this polish and pad combination may need to be used repeatedly to fully correct deeper defects on ultra hard paint types). When you are happy with the level of correction, follow up with RUPES Keramik Gloss (Fine Gel Compound) on a RUPES Fine BigFoot Polishing Pad (Yellow), in order to maximise surface gloss. If you really want to go to town, you may wish to perform an additional final jewelling step with RUPES Diamond Gloss (Ultra Fine Gel Compound) on a RUPES Ultra Fine Polishing Pad (White) prior to applying your favourite sealant or wax.

General usage notes for machine polishing pads:

(i) always ensure that you centre each pad properly on the backing plate (this can take several attempts to get right, but is vital if the machine is to remain perfectly balanced during use); (ii) always use an appropriate sized backing plate for the pad you are using (the pad should always protrude past the edge of the backing plate, never the other way around); (iii) always ensure that spent polish residue on the face of the pad is brushed off regularly during use using a PB Utility Brush (failure to follow this advice can lead to micromarring of the finish, so don’t be lazy!); (iv) after use, soak each pad in a bucket of Lake Country Snappy Pad Cleaner solution for 15 minutes and then rinse thoroughly under fresh running water and allow to dry naturally, and; (v) whilst not in use, store in a dry, dust-free environment (lidded plastic storage boxes are ideal in this respect).