1.6CR TDI mapping and "Bent rods"

Hi All

I've been reading around the internet at the remap rumours that circulated around the 1.6 CR TDi VAG lump that happens to sit inside my beautiful Monte TDi.

These posst dating back to roughly 2012 all point ot bent rods as a result or tuning these engines. However, the more i read up and the more i search for possible uprated rods the more i find evidence of lot sof bent conrods... but for OLD mk2 Golf 1.6TD engines - could this be a case of (excuse the phrase, not politically correct) "chinese whispers"?

As I think these engines clearly have more potential as surely an intercooler upgrade, exhaust and a good remap should give some strong but reliable HP... or am i entirely wrong here?

What's fact, what's fiction and where can i get some sports/uprated conrods from!!! :)

FEZ

The irony that the guy posting the warning in his sig has a tuned 1.6 tdi cr lump at 145bhp... also he has a tuned old vag 1.6 tdi which I genuinely suspect is the likely source of the pic. Where is the pic originally from and how can he prove its not an old bent rod which, as far as my research proves, happened on old golf td lumps even when standard

Brimma are you running good power? Did you go for dpf delete? Seems an interesting mot topic!

Mine is a Shark remap running around 130bhp, still produces good performance and regularly over 60mpg.........didn't go for he DPF delete

the fact there is a chunk missing and replaced with a nice shiny new piece is evidence surely

most MOT guys know car models inside out and which should have a dpf