1.2 69PS Notchy gear change

Just done over 1000 miles in my new Fabia and I'm happy enough with the drive apart from the gear change seems to be very notchy in all gears. Is this something that is specific to this particular engine and/or will it improve with more miles on it? I had the lend of a Rapid for a couple of days whilst mine was in getting some warranty work done and by comparison it was much smoother.

I dont know, mine isnt notchy at all, and never has been.

Sometimes it struggles to go into reverse, I have to let the clutch out and press it again, then it slots in fine. Other than that, mine seems fine.

It may just be a newness thing, parts need to wear in a bit. So long as you don't feel it's going to negatively effect how safely you drive just go in and speak to the dealers, otherwise go ASAP.

While you're there it would definitely be worth asking if you could try some other cars as a comparison, this will serve to give you an idea what it Should be like and also help highlight the issue to the dealer.

All completely dependant on whether your dealers are competent, which sadly is unlikely.

I've got the lowly 1.2 60ps. The slickness of the gearshift was actually one of the reasons I got the car, one of the best boxes I've had in any car. And it has always been the same, since brand new. 54.5k miles at the moment and it's still a joy to use.

If I were you, I'd make the dealer aware of this as soon as possible, just to be on the safe side. The longer you leave it, the more room you give them to come up with excuses that this is normal. Notchiness is definitely not a trait of these boxes.