yeti dog guards

adarajames

Considering that the only bits of the body that changed were the front and rear bumpers and a slight change in the shape around the number plate on the rear hatch, I don't see why not?

Just bought a second hand one off a fellow Briskodain for my facelift yeti a week ago and fits a treat.

Like Graham said, mainly external changes.

• Like 1

I've got the genuine dog guard for a yeti, which I took out of my yeti before I sold it, but it's useless unless you have the fixings already in the car. The plastic rear trims have to be cut and then a type of metal rawl plug is secured into the bodywork of the car.

I've got the genuine dog guard for a yeti, which I took out of my yeti before I sold it, but it's useless unless you have the fixings already in the car. The plastic rear trims have to be cut and then a type of metal rawl plug is secured into the bodywork of the car.

+1 for that. I bought one off ebay & had to get a bodyshop to fit it as it involves drilling the trim & headlining in the boot. Not an easy job at all. Also getting the parcel shelf in & out once the guard is fitted is a real pain.

There is a dog guard on eBay currently, says fits into head rests. Don't know if it's of any use, not having a dog/ dog guard.

Item# 251540612818

great, thanks Jerbear, anyone sees one or a hatchbag or similar going then do please give me a shout :)

Thanks

Jerbear bought my dog guard...  glad it fits...

And erm I have a spare hatchbag too...  PM me...  It is for a Yeti sans spare.

+1 for that. I bought one off ebay & had to get a bodyshop to fit it as it involves drilling the trim & headlining in the boot. Not an easy job at all. Also getting the parcel shelf in & out once the guard is fitted is a real pain.

This is exactly why I sold my dog guard...  I don't have a dog and wanted it as a luggage safety guard. BUT since the Yeti has a stupid solid parcel shelf - and not a roller one that retract into a long easily removed tube - it was near impossible to get the shelf in and out without speaking twenty languages and words one should not utter in public...

• Like 1

I have a Saunders T95 dog guard - it fits fine, the parcel shelf can be removed and replaced without undoing anything, and because the guard is strapped to the two outer rear seat headrests it can be removed in seconds, even with the spare wheel and raised boot floor.  I'm very happy with it and can safely stack stuff in the boot up to the roof.

The only slight snag is that because it's a tubular steel framework, when the centre rear seat is lowered or the armrest is down there's a gap through - useful if you carry things such as skis, but not something I need - but I fixed that by cable-tying a large piece of hardboard onto the guard (which also makes it more comfortable for the dog to lean against).

• Like 1

I use the Halfords dog guard just clamps round two rear headrest bars don't even fit the extention bars supplied its long enough already.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

That why I went for a Travall, didn't fancy drilling or cutting.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. I was thinking about buying one of these and don't want the hassle of removing it when I want to put the parcel shelf back in so I just have two questions re the Travell.

1: Does the rear parcel shelf fit with the guard in place?

2: Does the guard rattle

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. I was thinking about buying one of these and don't want the hassle of removing it when I want to put the parcel shelf back in so I just have two questions re the Travell.

I haven't tried it with the parcel shelf in as the dog is in the car most days, but I will try it and let you know.

Obviously I don't know it it rattles.

Well I sold mine to jerbear. No it never rattled. And I sold it because I don't have a dog and it was an utter MARE to get that stupid parcel shelf in or out with the guard in place. Near impossible actually. I find even without the guard you HAVE to drop the seats on one side to get that awful shelf out. Yes it's hard so you can put things on it but trust me I'd swap it for a roller shelf any day.

So as long as you have the guard in, the shelf will work fine with it but just know you basically can't then easily change the configuration.

• Like 2

Well I sold mine to jerbear. No it never rattled. And I sold it because I don't have a dog and it was an utter MARE to get that stupid parcel shelf in or out with the guard in place. Near impossible actually. I find even without the guard you HAVE to drop the seats on one side to get that awful shelf out. Yes it's hard so you can put things on it but trust me I'd swap it for a roller shelf any day.

So as long as you have the guard in, the shelf will work fine with it but just know you basically can't then easily change the configuration.

Thanks for that. I had the Skoda dog guard on my last Yeti and it was a pain to get the shelf in and out. I was looking at the Travall on the basis that it's cheaper than the Skoda one and I could take it with me if I decided to go for a Yeti next time round.

At the moment with no dog guard fitted I have no problem removing and replacing the parcel shelf, although I do agree that a roll up cover like the one fitted in the Octavia Combi would be a more practical option. 

Edited by Photoemt