New VRS Mk II Owner What Do I need to know?

Sadly my dearly departed Fabia VRS SE is in a recovery yard somewhere in Scotland.  Fortunately I now have a bigger, better, bluer octavia sat on my drive.  I've gone for the 2010 FL manual diesel. it's got just over 40k on the clock and the columbus satnav/radio and rear parking sensors.

What do I need to know / check / start saving up for?

My first question is...It doesn't have a spare wheel, looking on skoda parts, it seems to be a space saver (either a 15 or 16 inch rim) have I got the right part? Or is there a full size option available?

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octavia-spare-wheel-vrs-l-k-scout-2004-2013-31586 

Thanks in advance

No it'll be a space saver - your link doesn't seem to be working though, so I can't say whether or not that's the right one. 

I'm not sure that you can classify the optional spare wheel as a spacer saver, the one in SWBO's vRS is a 6j 15" wheel with a 195/65 tyre.

Still has a 50 mph speed limit 'cos it's not the same size as the original heel, but quite safe to drive with, especially when compared with a "normal" 

skinny psacesaver.

HTH

DC

Bear in mind a 15" won't fit over the brakes at the front of the VRS

Good point, maybe SWBO's spare is a 16" tyre.

I'll have to check nest time I see her car.

The spare tyre on my Superb certainly fits over the front brake disc, (recent pot-hole induced blow-out proved same), it's a 205/55 16 steel, again quite different to a normal space saver.

DC

Congrats, near identical to what I have. Mine came with dealer fitted steel spare in boot.. 205/55/16, full size normal speed rated.. So guess it can be done?

Mike

Just ordered the space-saver, tools a boot liner and shiny new mats...  TPS has come up trumps as usual. Undercutting both Skoda and fleabay J

Looking at the service history, I presume it’s on a <20k service interval.  Does that sound right and  how much should I be expecting to fork out for the next service?

The spare in the boot of my 2012 vRS is a 6.5" wide steel wheel with a 205/55-16 tyre.  It does of course fit over the front discs. 

This wheel/tyre has an overall diameter less than 1% different to the standard 225/40-18 wheels/tyres.  Even so, when the spare is on the car speed is legally limited to 80kph (50mph).

When I bought the car at 15 months old there was no spare fitted.  Part of the negotiated deal was that the dealer would supply the spare, jack, wheel brace, etc.