Low Side Protection Strips

Does anybody know the part number for the side protection strips shown in the image I'm hoping I've uploaded?  The original pic came from an on-line brochure (in English) 'for Europe', where Europe seems to exclude the UK - at least SUK tell me that it isn't available for the British Market.  I don't think these are the same as the side strips that are designed for half-way up the doors (for which a part number is listed).  The ones in the pic look chunkier.

post-103612-0-26784900-1401724039_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I too rang SUK for availability on the hatch sport packages shown in the accessory brochure to be told NOTHING is available...not even a chuffing spoiler! Tempted too by SS products but can't see a dealer fitting them or SUK honouring the warranty on bodywork. Now considering a Leon as Seat seem to be very open to pimping!

Had the normal bodyside protection moulding fitted to my octavia which I picked up yesterday cost including fitting £68

Fitted and supplied by the dealer Smudge? Would be interested in some pics if you have any. What do you mean by normal body side protection? thanks.

I too would like some pictures if possible. Contemplating obtaining them for my Mk3 and then spraying them to match the body colour.

The standard factory fitted door protection mouldings on my Mk2 saved a hell of a lot of damage to the doors themselves so I think deleting them for the Mk3 was a retrograde step.

Re the SuperSkoda Link from SmegHead: I think these are the Decals, not the Rubbing Strips.  They feature on the same page in the on-line brochure that I located, but they are just flat foils.

The 'normal' side protection strips are set approx half-way up the side of the doors.  They are not very 'chunky'.  But I think that my dealer told me that these were available for the Saloon but not the Estate - slightly different door profiles/sizes?

The lower ones, for which I am searching the part number, should also act as spray deflectors, reducing the raod spray on the lower door panels.

• 1 month later...

Thought I would reply to my original post (2nd June - above) just to ask if any users on mainland Europe could provide any information about this part number?

What is the part number, SJ?  Are they the standard side protection strips, but just fitted lower down on the doors?

They are fitted exactly where the leaflet in the box said - just below the crease in the door skin, they are very flimsey though. So if you get some fix them carefully.

The part number is ZGB5E0071100

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octavia-side-protection-strips-2014-2016-50712

Thanks, SJ - those are the ones that I've seen in the standard Skoda brochure. It was the lower position that was unexpected.

Frallan: those are they! Thank you very much. I had looked at Superskoda in the past, but not under the 'bodykit' section. The image that Superskoda has used is taken from the Skoda brochure that I found on line (and which I showed to SUK and my dealer (to no avail)). For ~£80, they look comparable value to the UK offering, but reassuringly chunky. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update about these Superskoda strips:

1. SS describe them as made from polyurethane, and say that they need to be painted.

2. I quoted the part number to my dealer. They told me that it isn't listed anywhere on any of their systems as an assessory for them to order, but the part number does exsist on the ordering system (sic). SUK stated that 'because this is not a UK part this could also effect the warranty on the vehicle, and as this is unable to be advised on by Skoda Uk parts it can't be advised to be fitted'.

Helpful and accommodating, huh?