Matching Fabia Key Fob To Alarm

Hi

I bought a Fabia MK1 with a single key that did not have the alarm fob on.

I then  managed to buy a used flip alarm fob, a virgin transponder and get this second key cut and then programmed to the car.

So I now have 2 keys to start the car.

But

what should be he simple part of getting the key fob to opperate the central locking I have yet to solve after trying 3 different alarm fobs.

I was hoping for some advice.

First where to locate the remote central locking box on the car, to identify any important serial/numbers.

then I was hoping there was some literature that would match the serial number of box with the serial number of the key fob.

I have read elsewhere, that even when frequencies match ie 433mhz and 434mhz, you still need the right alarm fob for the right box.

I have only tried a flip key version and have yet to try a 2 button on the key version, but before I buy one I need to know these are supposed to work together.

I know the process after that to get the two to commumicate with each other.

Thanks

Mark

The key I am using is a flip, 3 button. It did not come with the car.

It is possible the correct alarm fob is the 2 button one (non flip).

So This is the information I am after.

I am hoping there is some literature somewhere that will tell me what part number (for the fob) is correct for my model of Fabia. 2 button flip, 2 buttoon flip non flip etc.

As they work on the same frequency, Im not sure if it makes a difference anyway, unless someone tells me different.

Sorry No pics

^^^What he said.

Other than that, to do a simple alarm pair, you need a working transponder key, the correct additional key and a dfully functioning alarm. I mention the last because mine went through a phase of going off every hour or so, so I pulled the alarm sounder fuse. Funnily enough it wouldn't pair keys in that state.

Fuse 60.

my other question is does it actually have remote locking? i've been to do keys for a fair few Fabia's that haven't had remote locking regardless of them have central locking with the manual key.

I would phone Skoda & give them your reg so they can confirm for you. Just tell them you want a remote key because if you phone up just for info to do it all yourself then may not be so helpful

my other question is does it actually have remote locking? i've been to do keys for a fair few Fabia's that haven't had remote locking regardless of them have central locking with the manual key.

I would phone Skoda & give them your reg so they can confirm for you. Just tell them you want a remote key because if you phone up just for info to do it all yourself then may not be so helpful

Hi

The car does have remote locking as per the garage who fixed my horn to get through its MOT.

I don't want to go back there to ask where the box is to get numbers etc.

^^^What he said.

Other than that, to do a simple alarm pair, you need a working transponder key, the correct additional key and a dfully functioning alarm. I mention the last because mine went through a phase of going off every hour or so, so I pulled the alarm sounder fuse. Funnily enough it wouldn't pair keys in that state.

Fuse 60.

I have 2 keys that both start the engine fine, so have transponders.

Just one of them has the alarm fob.

This alrm fob did not come with the car, I have bought it hoping it would match.

I am trying to locate the right fob part number that should match.

I have a friend who has the exact same car -  except.

He  lives in spain and the car was bought and registered in spain

So there could be differences in specification, but it is the same model and year.

(if I was in spain I could have experiemented wit his key)

His car has a 2 button type (non flip style) fob.

The advice I am getting, even in this thread, is you need the right part number alarm fob, even with same frequency.

So I was looking for literature that matched an alarm fob part number to a chassis number, or something llike that.

Mark

I missed the FUSE 60 in a previous post.

I have looked and dont have one. Its just an empty space, so not I am doubting what the MOT station said.

The reason why they were sure, is that they replaced the horn to get it through its MOT.

I'm now thinking that is an alarm rather than central locking.

so I need to knwo where the remote central locking bx would be on the car, to check if it is central locking.

Mark

as i have already said, phone Skoda, give them your car details & get them to confirm if it has remote locking or not. Not all Fabia have remote locking even if they have central locking, elec windows etc etc.

Also, as i have already asked, what year is your Fabia? if you tell me the year I can tell you the remote part number you will need IF your car actually has remote locking

as i have already said, phone Skoda, give them your car details & get them to confirm if it has remote locking or not. Not all Fabia have remote locking even if they have central locking, elec windows etc etc.

Also, as i have already asked, what year is your Fabia? if you tell me the year I can tell you the remote part number you will need IF your car actually has remote locking

Sorry actionman

The car is a Fabia Ambiente Registered 2006

Manufacturerd on the 30th January 2006

Originally Registered in Hungary

part number for 2 button remote would be 1j0959753CT or AG

part number for 3 button remote would be 1j0959753DJ or AH

I can't see what the horn has to do with remote locking. Cars have to have a horn regardless of if they have remote central locking or not. As for the location of the CCM, it's near the fusebox on the drivers side behind the dash

Looks like this in the link below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-FABIA-COMFORT-MODULE-2006-/121351108209?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c4116f671

Thanks

My keys

1KO 9597519 ah

1JO 959753 ah

So the second key should work, unless it has to be a 2 button one, which I not tested.

I have taken the side of dashboard off to see fusebox, but no sign of control box.

To get behind I would need to take away under the dash in between steering wheel and drivers door.

Do I need to do this, to see the control unit, or should I see it next to fusebox?

Thanks

Mark

1k0959753ah isn't any part number i recognise & i do more VAG keys than any other make. Probably did 250+ last year & will easily surpass that this year. I couldn't even find anything with that part number on Google. 1k0 remotes usually end in G or N & are used on CANBUS models such as mk2 Octavia, mk2 Fabia etc

Anyway you will have to remove trim from the dash to get to the CCM

1k0959753ah isn't any part number i recognise & i do more VAG keys than any other make. Probably did 250+ last year & will easily surpass that this year. I couldn't even find anything with that part number on Google. 1k0 remotes usually end in G or N & are used on CANBUS models such as mk2 Octavia, mk2 Fabia etc

Anyway you will have to remove trim from the dash to get to the CCM

OK I have checked and

1KO 959751 G AH   I had put a 9 instead of G

1JO 959753 AH   doesn't have a G?

So not sure.

Ok, so bottom of dash out.

I will do that over weekend

Thanks

Mark

just take on board what i said about which part numbers you need. All others are useless regardless of MHZ.

part number for 2 button remote would be 1j0959753CT or AG

part number for 3 button remote would be 1j0959753DJ or AH

only remotes starting with 1k0 can have a G at the end, there's no remote starting with 1j0 that ends with a G. 1K0-G remotes as i said before are for CANBUS models such as mk2 Octavia & mk2 Fabia. If you have 1 then it is totally useless to you as you have as K-line system mk1 Fabia

• Like 1