Remote windows

Hi guys,

This is something I've meant to ask about for a while and forgot.

When I long press my key for the remote windows to go down or up. It doesn't seem to do it every time.

Do u have to be within a certain distance or is my battery going or any other issues?

Cheers

I just press once and hold, drops the windows on my 2013 Greenline Estate everytime!

To extend the range (now bare with me on this it does work!!) Stick the fob under your chin and try it... It's magic I tells ya!! It work from across my company carpark which is very much out of range usually... :D

What do you mean by one toch?

From the door switch you can press it harder, once, to fire the window all the way down or all the way up without holding your finger on it.  If it doesn't do that, I don't think the auto-open/close feature works.

Never confirmed if it only works on the second press as Ant says.

Igsnoddy, if it works sometimes but not others it because the windows or probably one window is encountering too much friction in it's window running rubbers. If you lubricate the window rubbers (as per the owners handbook) the function will work fine. It's quite common as owners never seem to lubricate the window rubbers and this is the cause of the problem...mostly! Try it. Use any good rubber lube, not oil of course. Silicone spray is very good and it's inert so won't harm anything. Lube anywhere the glass rubs the rubber.