Rapid 1.2TSI Sport - Why De-Badge?

I've asked my dealer to debadge mine before I collect it. I think it will look great on a Race Blue Sport :)

I would love to see that :-)

• 1 month later...

If I'd have been keeping it long term I'd have taken it off too.

Richard, and "keeping a car long term" in the same post. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:clap:  :D

How exactly do you debadge? I think it looks much better without and would seriously consider doing it to mine.

Either park it outside facing the sun on a really hot day or carefully use a hairdryer and just peel off.

I've done it to every car I've owned. Off comes the dealer sticker on the window and the badges within a week of getting them. Just looks a lot cleaner to me.

Had anyone looked underneath the Skoda badge on the boot to see what it's like? On my Astra G I removed the Vauxhall badge to reveal two little holes but I still had the little "i" badge from the Irmscher grill I bought so put it over the holes and it covered them perfectly.

• Like 1

It looks really nice! Thank you for posting.

I'm thinking about it now because of you... and in the same time I like those badges...

I'll take a picture of the boot and erase the badges to see how it looks on my black Rapid. :-)

How exactly do you debadge? I think it looks much better without and would seriously consider doing it to mine.

I used fishing line. Use it as a cheese wire behind the letters then simply rub the excess sticky foam off with a rag and nail varnish remove.

Right this is something I will definitely be doing next time I give the car a valet. The badges tour my lambs wool mitt to sherds when I cleaned it last - that's reason enough for me to de badge the rapid! So dental floss and a little heat from a hair dryer you say...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Spaceback with the glass tailgate should be good to de badge as the badges are on the glass so should be able to remove the main badge as well as I assume it won't have holes behind it.

Will have a go when ours arrives.

• 5 months later...

So whilst my car was in the body shop I got them to remove the rear badges... SO MUCH BETTER NOW! Its got a nice clear line and I'm looking forward to not sagging my lamb's wool mitt next time I give the car a clean and polish! 

Why not debadge?

Ok, if I keep the logic of the original post, then I would like to put on my car:

SKODA RAPID AMBITION 1.6TDI GPS BLUETOOTH HEATED SEATS AUTO-AC CRZ-CTRL HITCH TAKE THAT OCTI

But the car isn't large enough...  :p

• Like 2