1.6 TDi Monte

Just a odd question has anyone noticed when their car is idling and u give it a rev like if ur trying to rev high........ours will only go to 2.5k but when we are driving it will rev past this point....I just find it a bit odd......lol

Yup. Not heard of it in the TDI's but the TSI's also limits you.

I dont know why.

Im curious as to whether or not my HTP does this now...

If it's the same HTP as the MK1 without the 2010 alterations then no it lets you freely rev iirc well mine does!

Sixty7, it's something all newer engines do. It's for several reasons, mostly environmental. It's also a safety thing from the point of view of preventing damage to the cat and dpf. Revving the engine without a load on it can dump large quantities of unburned fuel into both of them which is harmful to them and the environment.

I can understand the unburnt fuel into the engine........but as for the enviroment well that seems to doing just fine on it's own what with the huge amounts of **** spewing from worldwide Volcanos......I think thats whats making the weather colder this year.......but hey thats a whole different story....lol