Octavia Elegance Recaro Seats

Would like to fit some recaro seats into my Octy 4x4 elegance. I can see that most mk4 platform will bolt straight in but my elegance has front seat airbags. If I get recaros can I connect the airbags and avoid an airbag fault light? From what I've read it would be some modding as the plugs are different has anyone done this mod?

Also if I get heated recaros has anyone modded those to work? Kurfatec do a loom for the heated seats but it requires the golf switches (again from what I've read) ie 2 separate switches with connectors rather than the one switch module on the octavia oem switch

Thanks

I've got some audi a3 seats in my octy they have side airbags but my car doesn't. Car take pics of the connectors if you want so you can see what the audi ones look like.

Looking at selling them soon as I'm getting rid of the octy so it's going back to standard.

They're black cloth recaro style with electric lumbar adjust on both front seats. Front and rear with 3x3 point seat belts and all head rests present.

Looking for £50 collected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I'm south in Crewe so might be a bit if a trek. Has anyone managed to connect recaro front airbags didn't show as a fault?

Is a bit of a trek bud.

From what I've read it would be some modding as the plugs are different has anyone done this mod?

Cut the plug off your existing seats and swap them with the ones off the new seats

You need to makeup a power lead to if electric

I wired my power wires to the cigarette lighter loom which is higher ampage

Cut the plug off your existing seats and swap them with the ones off the new seats

You need to makeup a power lead to if electric

I wired my power wires to the cigarette lighter loom which is higher ampage

Many thanks for that have ordered some s3 seats so will give it a go. Was surprised the cigarette lighter has enough waft to power the seats did you just t it off the power lead?

I have done the Recaro seats upgrade on my car.Only thing is to change the plugs and you are good to go...Check my build on here...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using tapatalk!

Hi did find your project on the forum with the seat and plug pics great write up. Will be trying it for myself in a few days.

Hi. Do Your a3 seats fit straight in without any subframe mods if not what mods are required. Thanks

Yes straight swap just had to run wires from the fuse box tot the seats. I would include them if you bought them.

Got some s3 seats fitted the rear today and front passenger seat wired up the airbag all ok. To get the seat to move I think I connect a Live and earth to the red plug. What is the black plug with a brown and brown blue wire for?

Seats are in and working big improvement on originals. I'm still stuck on the black plug with the brown and born/blur wire. Is it a heating elment what else do I need to connect?